Taiwan Livestock Research Institute
The Taiwan Livestock Research Institute (TLRI; Chinese: 畜產試驗所; pinyin: Xùchǎn Shìyàn Suǒ) is a research center in Xinhua, Tainan, Taiwan. It conducts research on animal breeding, physiology, nutrition and feeding techniques, animal waste treatment and utilization of byproducts, animal product processing, and forage crops. The institute has cloned pigs, goats, and cows.
The TLRI was established as a horse-breeding farm in 1940 by the Japanese colonial authorities. Between 1945 and 1952 it was a horse farm under the supervision of Taiwan Provincial Government. It is now a unit of the central government's Council of Agriculture since 1999.
- Animal Breeding Department
- Animal Nutrition Department
- Animal Physiology Department
- Animal Products Department
- Livestock Management Department
- Forage Crops Department
- Technical Service Department
- Livestock Farm and Feed Mill
- Penghu Animal Propagation Center
|This article about a Taiwanese organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|