|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Stub-class)|
|WikiProject Football||(Rated Stub-class, Mid-importance)|
Place of birth
- Johannesburg per CAF. Jogurney (talk) 15:32, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
- New claim - Mofolo, Soweto. GiantSnowman 19:40, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
Date of birth
Any ideas which is correct? I'd go for 1937 personally, since the City Press article claiming 1940 also claims the World Cup was in 1964 (absolutely false) and that he was born in Soweto (debatable, see above). GiantSnowman 19:39, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
- I'm happy with putting "the Soweto area of Joburg" as a compromise, are you? DOB is still iffy though. GiantSnowman 20:32, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
- The source for the 1 April 1940 date is very specific, but it's odd that almost every obituary has him aged 74 (which corresponds to a 1937 birth year). I'm surprised so many sources would be wrong, and only one article (and one CAN statistics page) would get it right. Jogurney (talk) 20:47, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on April Phumo. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120427151038/http://trc.org.ls/assets/pdf/WFJ_ISSUE_75.pdf to http://trc.org.ls/assets/pdf/WFJ_ISSUE_75.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120425014305/http://188.8.131.52/argief/berigte/dieburger/2004/01/09/DB/16LDSk/03.html to http://184.108.40.206/argief/berigte/dieburger/2004/01/09/DB/16LDSk/03.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.