|WikiProject Wisconsin||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
(Missed by bot?)
How did the bot not create a standard page for this small yet not terribly small (maybe 50,000) city, I wonder?? Moncrief, 14 Mar 2004
Too bad we had to lose those photos -- they were pretty attractive ones. If the original uploader is still around, please submit them again, this time with proper attribution, so that we can keep them. --Dhartung | Talk 19:38, 3 March 2007 (UTC)
Only city in State to have three billion dollar international companies based in the city
FALSE Milwaukee has more than three. Harley Davidson, Johnson Controls, and Rockwell Automation, Joy Global, Northwestern Mutual. http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2011/states/WI.html — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 22:56, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
Um... Why is there another article about Beloit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beloit_(town)%2C_Wisconsin)? The other one doesn't seem to have any new information. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 18:56, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
"Um... Why is there another article about Beloit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beloit_(town)%2C_Wisconsin)? The other one doesn't seem to have any new information."
"Putting the "Beloit Historical Society" as a source is not sufficient. Who said it at the Historical Society? Is there a brochure? At any rate, I'm now adding a "dubious" tag to another because it looks like it was not invented in Beloit. Speedometer - invented in Austria-Hungary. Ufwuct (talk) 15:14, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
Wait a second
Yes, infact there is a BHS- http://www.beloithistoricalsociety.com/, and yes Arthur P. Warner (1870-1957) of Beloit holds the patent for the magnetic modern form of the speedometer (http://www.aviationhalloffamewisconsin.com/inductees/Warner.htm). Warner Instrument Company became the largest manufacturer of speedometers after WWII,(http://www.aviationhalloffamewisconsin.com/inductees/Warner.htm). Warner was also the inventor of the electric brake. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 22:27, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
Copyright problem removed
One or more portions of this article duplicated other source(s). The material was copied from: http://www.beloithistoricalsociety.com/history.htm. Infringing material has been rewritten or removed and must not be restored, unless it is duly released under a license compatible with GFDL. (For more information, please see "using copyrighted works from others" if you are not the copyright holder of this material, or "donating copyrighted materials" if you are.) For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material; such additions will be deleted. Contributors may use external websites as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences or phrases. Accordingly, the material may be rewritten, but only if it does not infringe on the copyright of the original or plagiarize from that source. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously, and persistent violators will be blocked from editing. While we appreciate contributions, we must require all contributors to understand and comply with these policies. Thank you. --Moonriddengirl (talk) 13:28, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on Beloit, Wisconsin. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130911234518/http://factfinder2.census.gov to http://factfinder2.census.gov
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140305164937/http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_DP_DPDP1&prodType=table to http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_DP_DPDP1&prodType=table
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080708213327/http://www.beloithistoricalsociety.com/newsletter/Ads/adams.htm to http://www.beloithistoricalsociety.com/newsletter/Ads/adams.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090210190717/http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/dictionary/index.asp?action=view&term_id=2884&keyword=appleby to http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/dictionary/index.asp?action=view&term_id=2884&keyword=appleby
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/699nOulzi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.census.gov%2Fgeo%2Fwww%2Fgazetteer%2Ffiles%2FGaz_places_national.txt to http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/files/Gaz_places_national.txt
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/6YSasqtfX?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.census.gov%2Fprod%2Fwww%2Fdecennial.html to http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.