|WikiProject Japan / Geography & environment / Prefectures||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
Can we make a list as wiki list? I mean just like List of something county? Besides the list is complete. -- Taku 05:25 Mar 22, 2003 (UTC)
- The list would be far too long unless you want to list the counties first and then on a second level have the municipalites. Also as a rule make sure you capitalize the name of places.
- On an other subject you call it counties in the data box it is called districts so far I have not come across the name county mentioned in that context but it is always referred to as district. Can we agree on one.
- --synthetik 05:33 Mar 22, 2003 (UTC)
- The term cities, towns and villages which obviously refers to the Japanese Shi-Cho-Son (市町村) is better translated as Municipalites. --synthetik 05:38 Mar 22, 2003 (UTC)
Sorry for makeing you tiring works. Actually the list is complete. I just found that in Japanese governing system, all of cities belong to no county and all of towns and villages belong to each counties just like in United States. I will put list of cities and counties. I have better studied more first. -- Taku 05:45 Mar 22, 2003 (UTC)
- Before we change each others work we should agree on a format first. It might be a good idea to start a WikiProject like the one for the Wikipedia:WikiProject Chinese provinces.
- About the municipalities. Unless I'm mistaken all the references get me a count of 80 but you only list approx. 40.
Sorry for confusing. It is list of cities not municipalities. I think the number should make sense. -- Taku 06:13 Mar 22, 2003 (UTC)
What about adding a piece on The Sprawl trilogy and that Chiba is an important part of that series? I don't know enough to start anything, but I'm not even sure that it's worth adding. I just wanted to throw this idea out to debate on. Markaci 03:11, 2005 Jan 27 (UTC)
- I just noticed it's mentioned in Chiba, Chiba. Is it worth mentioning in this article? Markaci 03:14, 2005 Jan 27 (UTC)
The symbol of Chiba looks very similar to a Cylon Basestar(RDM). - MSTCrow 01:55, 23 December 2006 (UTC)
It looks like the History section has undergone a typically mangled auto-translation from a japanese wiki original or something... any bilingualists want to have a crack at redoing it? (I'm not one unfortunately, and it's dire enough that I wouldn't want to guess at what some of the constructs are actually supposed to mean)
And anyone know how to insert the warning boxout for this very occurrence that I've seen before, to grab the attention of a suitable candidate who may not read discussion pages? 22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:01, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
Looking for help
Greetings: My name is Ivan Robaina Bychko, I am a 19 years old Cuban wikipedian who is very interested in Japanese history and culture. Currently I am working in several articles about Japan in Spanish wikipedia, also I am writing an article about your country for Santiago University (Universidad de Oriente). I kindly would like to have your help to make clear certain points about current Japan that are not very easy to find at another wikipedias. As my internet connectivity is very limited, you should write to me at my e-mail account if you are interested in helping me. I would be very grateful if you could help me. Greetings, Ivan — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 04:36, 22 August 2013 (UTC)