Talk:Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Rod Stewart's Concert
- 2 Phrasing
- 3 Linking
- 4 Dados Básicos IBGE - microdados do Censo 2000
- 5 Width of Copacabana??
- 6 Reson for the Recent Additions
- 7 Copacabana Brazil has over 2.4 million Google hits and has been like this since 2001
- 8 Move? (2010)
- 9 Requested move (2014)
- 10 External links modified
Rod Stewart's Concert
To say that Rod Stewart's concert attracted over 3 million people is a demagogy. The thing is, that the show was performed on the new year's eve. And as a tradition, millions of people go to Copacabana for the celebration of the new year (and to see the fireworks). Normally, every year the beach attracts around 2 to 3 million people.
Therefore, it wasn't really Rod Stewart that attracted so many people to the beach (but I am sure that him and his agents would LOVE to believe that ;) --Pinnecco 09:58, 24 August 2006 (UTC)
I have changed the language to better represent the true nature of the events. --Gloriamarie 16:22, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
"Rio de Janeiro must have truly been breathtaking when the Portuguese arrived hundreds of years ago"
Brouchure Alert!! Please rephrase, this is an encyclopedia.
hi hows you ?
any fit lads out there?
I would like to request the removal of the linking to the website gringoguides.com. I don't really think that a website with statements like these should be linked in this article.
Brazil represents the best of the Latin Dream for the traveller. There's thousands of beaches, good music, it's relatively cheap and the people have a relaxed attitude towards casual sex. What more could you want out of your travels in South America?
Okay, Brazil may not be the best destination for the thinking backpacker. Brazilians are so at home in their bodies that few really care to use their head that much. A large portion of the population is uneducated and those that are tend not to trouble themselves much with the existential dilemmas that plague your average Westerner.
--Leo McAllister 07:43, 17 February 2007 (UTC)
As no one opposed, I'm taking the url out.
--Leo McAllister 07:26, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
I didn't believe what I read !!! What's this? "Brazilians are so at home in their bodies that few really care to use their head that much". This is ridiculous. Brazilians are very inteligent. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 06:04, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
Dados Básicos IBGE - microdados do Censo 2000
If anyone has access to microdados do Censo 2000 please let me know or use it. Apparently it has detailed information of Rio's boroughs. EconomistBR 01:20, 6 October 2007 (UTC)
Width of Copacabana??
Average width of Copacabana. This information would be useful in order to support the statement: Copacabana is a long and narrow strip of land squeezed between the mountains and the sea.
Copacabana is 4 km long, but I think it's average width would be around 700 and 900 meters. This would be a relevant piece of information.
EconomistBR 05:17, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
Reson for the Recent Additions
I believe that is the purpose of this article to help the reader understand what Copacabana like is as borough.
I also believe that this article should enable the reader to create a mental picture of what Copacabana looks like and what is like to live in Copacabana. EconomistBR 05:27, 8 October 2007 (UTC)
Copacabana Brazil has over 2.4 million Google hits and has been like this since 2001
- Just like the word Ford links to Ford Motor Company the word word copacabana should link to Copacabana Brazil.
Given that all other Copacabana's fail to show the same relevancy as Copacabana Brazil I don't see why Copacabana should be linked to disambiguation.
- Over the 9 disambiguation links only 2 don't trace its roots back to Copacabana Brazil.
This fact reinforces the relevancy of Copacabana Brazil to the possible reader, since 7 disambiguation words derive from Copacabana Brazil.
The 2 remaining are STUBS which show Copacabana Brazil greater relevancy.
- As these links show Copacabana is named after the saint found on the beach it has nothing to do with Bolivia.
- The patron saint of the Bolivian city doesn't have an article on Wikipedia, therefore there is no need for disambiguation. Even if she had it would be called Saint Copacabana, not requiring disambiguation.
- Copacabana Bolivia has only 6.000 people, this is totally not relevant and is a stub.
Copacabana Brazil has a 4km beach, 160.000 people and during New Years 2.000.000 people go the beach and CNN talks about it.
- You should allow for a period of discussion before such a huge change.
Frankly I don't know why your are doing this
- The fact is that the name "Copacabana" was first used to name a city in Bolivia and a saint in that country, and when I looked for it in Wikipedia I was shocked to find out that it led straight to the Brazilian entry -- which is not even a city, it is a neighbourhood. There should be indeed a disambiguation page in the Copacabana entry. The number of google hits does not mean anything, and much less "CNN talks about it". Oooooh, I'm impressed! :) What kind of an argument is that, "CNN talks about it"? hahahahahah
- Frankly I don't understand why are you doing this. Or, better yet, I understand -- I bet you are a Brazilian from Rio and are basing your editions on infantile patriotism or "bairrismo". Rsazevedo (talk) 12:22, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
Requested move (2014)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20070901083626/http://www.rio.rj.gov.br:80/riotur/en/hotel/?Canal=184 to http://www.rio.rj.gov.br/riotur/en/hotel/?Canal=184
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20071008172637/http://www.funceb.org.br/espacocultural.html to http://www.funceb.org.br/espacocultural.html
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20071031005847/http://veja.abril.com.br:80/vejarj/070606/comportamento.html to http://veja.abril.com.br/vejarj/070606/comportamento.html
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20071005195012/http://www.rioonibus.com:80/guia_de_itinerarios/consultas/consulta-todos-numeros.asp to http://www.rioonibus.com/guia_de_itinerarios/consultas/consulta-todos-numeros.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.