|Individuals with a conflict of interest, particularly those representing the subject of the article, are strongly advised not to edit the article. See Wikipedia:Conflict of interest. You may request corrections or suggest content, or contact us if the issue is urgent.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|The following Wikipedia contributors may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of the article. Relevant guidelines covering this situation include Wikipedia:Conflict of interest, Wikipedia:Autobiography and Wikipedia:Neutral point of view.|
Changes for Cynthia Rowley
|An edit request by an editor with a conflict of interest has now been answered.|
Please see below as to what edits would be appreciated applied.
BACKGROUND - In the first paragraph: Would like the following to be taken out (this is not accurate) - "(1976)" and "(1981)" - In the second paragraph: Would like the following to be taken out (this is not accurate) - "in 1981 or 1983" as well as "none of whom she knew and none of whom attended." - In the third paragraph: Would like the following to be taken out (this is not accurate) - "shoes", "belts", "dishes" and "hats" - Instead, would like to add: wetsuits and swim (http://www.cynthiarowley.com/surf-swim.html), home furnishings (http://www.furnituretoday.com/article/516797-hooker-furniture-launch-line-fashion-brand-cynthia-rowley), desktop and stationary (http://www.staples.com/Cynthia-Rowley/cat_BI860120?cmSearchKeyword=cynthia%20rowley)
- In third paragraph: Would like the following to be taken out (this is not accurate) - "Rowley introduced menswear in 1998 as well as a women's secondary line, Rowley by Cynthia Rowley, both licensed to Italian sportswear manufacturer Stile Moda SpA. The menswear collections were later reduced to a smaller volume, and in 2011 Rowley presented the Mr. Powers collection, a limited menswear range named after her husband Bill Powers. The women's secondary line was discontinued."
- In third paragraph: Would like the following to be taken out (this is not accurate) - "East Hampton" - Instead, would like to add: "Montauk" (http://www.cynthiarowley.com/where-to-buy)
- In the fourth paragraph: Would like the following to be taken out (this is not accurate) - "after she had been in the business for twelve years, and a nomination for the Perry Ellis Award for New Menswear Design Talent."
- In fifth paragraph: Would like the following to be taken out (this is not accurate) - "and Ilene Rosenzweig, her best friend and a former reporter for The New York Times"
- In the sixth and seventh paragraph: Would like the following to be taken out (this is not accurate) - "It was announced in November 2009 that Rowley would be redesigning the uniforms for United Airlines. Her designs were to be seen on the United flight attendants, pilots, customer service representatives, ramp service and maintenance employees. United announced in mid-2010, after its planned merger with Continental Airlines had been made public, that Rowley would redesign the uniforms for the combined workforce. In mid-2011 United employees were informed that Rowley was no longer involved in the uniform redesign program scheduled to launch in mid-2012. Cynthia Rowley has partnered with Target, Band-Aid, Roxy, and Half Gallery." 188.8.131.52 (talk) 20:21, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
- Based on the request, I removed what I could not substantiate through my own research, and added more reliable sources for other claims that were asked to be removed, but could be properly sourced.---- Patar knight - chat/contributions 22:27, 29 November 2015 (UTC)}}}}
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|That is not a picture of Cynthia Rowley. I do not know who that is, but that is certainly not her. It needs to be removed right away. Johanna1083dickson (talk) 21:04, 6 February 2008 (UTC)|
Last edited at 21:04, 6 February 2008 (UTC). Substituted at 12:37, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Cynthia Rowley. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101118073855/http://mycrains.crainsnewyork.com/40under40/profiles/1997/1084 to http://mycrains.crainsnewyork.com/40under40/profiles/1997/1084
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060824041433/http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_design_star_2006 to http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_design_star_2006/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.