|WikiProject Biography||(Rated C-class)|
||It is requested that an image or photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
|WikiProject Australia / Indigenous peoples||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Can we please cut out these statements that "terra nullius" is a legal fiction? Terra nullius is not a legal fiction, not in the legalistic definition of the phrase. - 18.104.22.168 13:59, 3 September 2005 (UTC)
- What are you talking about? Terra nullius (or the doctrine of an "empty" or uninhabited land) is a legal fiction. The legal fiction that the Australian High Court reject was that there were no property rights regarding land in Australia before the time of European colonization. - Ta bu shi da yu 13:28, 27 December 2005 (UTC)
I think he was try to say ""terra nullius" is a legal term. It was found not to apply in the Mabo case but it may apply else where. Oh and just because the the legal argument was not successful does not mean it's not a legal term.
--Jughead78 13:33, 3 June 2007 (UTC)
Removed Broken Link
I removed a broken link that was listed to a Time Magazine article.
Australian of the Year
Re: "In 1993 The Australian commemorated his work by voting him the 1992 Australian of the Year." How can a newspaper be responsible for Eddie's selection as Australian of the Year in 1992? You'll find the Australian of the Year page states election is by nomination and committee selection process —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:22, 2 April 2007 (UTC).
- Appears that the Australian newspaper has their own 'Australian of the Year' award, unrelated to the federal government's AotY awards. ajdlinux | utc 06:27, 3 September 2007 (UTC)
If you read this article out loud, you will notice that it is awkward, choppy and not a very complete life story. Please improve it if you have the motivation and knowledge! -126.96.36.199 19:08, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Eddie Mabo. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140826114554/http://www.jcu.edu.au/austindigenousinfo/partnerships/media/JCUPRD_047905.html to http://www.jcu.edu.au/austindigenousinfo/partnerships/media/JCUPRD_047905.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090918031009/http://cms.jcu.edu.au/libcomp/az/JCUPRD_017461 to http://cms.jcu.edu.au/libcomp/az/JCUPRD_017461
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.