|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Finland||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
5 centres officially ... and tehre were mentioned 3 by name. what are the other two, and do they really need a separate page each..?
- More than five these days. I put the names up and wannabe-links to each. Not sure if they need separate pages, though, might be best to just move the information to a list on the main Espoo page? // Janka
- Otaniemi already has a separate page but was not mentioned here... Not official division though, but part of "greater Tapiola", so not sure how to link here. // User:Spoo
The section "Famous people from Espoo"
I am removing the section "Famous people from Espoo" as I think most of the people listed are only of interest to a very restricted audience and not really relevant to an article on the city. Besides, the list is redundant with Category:People from Espoo. Some related discussion is at Talk:Helsinki#Notable natives --KFP (talk | contribs) 12:36, 4 October 2006 (UTC)
About major districts of Espoo
I would propose to add Suvikumpu (Solhöjden) to Suur-Tapiola. Tellervo 07:35, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
You have a very good basketball club-Honka and beautifull girls.All the best!
The Los Angeles of Finland?
The text "This decentralised nature has led to Espoo being jocularly called "Finland's only highway with city privileges". Another soubriquet is "Los Angeles of Finland", meaning it has no city center but a number of local centers." keeps getting reinserted to the article, I see. Can someone explain why it is? There are no sources for this statement and it doesn't seem worthy of mention. Opinions? --KFP (talk | contribs) 20:33, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
- Never heard of "la of finland" i think somebody only calls it to a "la of finland" but well it has over 5 or more "local centres" but never heard of la of finland i could say dat it is only "rumour" i think —Preceding unsigned comment added by Arttuh2010 (talk • contribs) 17:01, 2 May 2011 (UTC)
If anyone has ever seen Metalocalypse you will perhaps know that Espoo is the setting for the 1st season episode known as Dethtroll. It can be found here . The episode's choice of setting was more than likely made due to the fact that Children of Bodom are from here, but as they are not mentioned in the episode, while Espoo is, I find it reasonable that this information be written into this article. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:58, 26 April 2008 (UTC)
- I don't think Espoo being briefly mentioned one time in some American cartoon is notable enough to include here. In fact, it isn't even apparent that it is a reference to this city. JIP | Talk 06:40, 19 November 2009 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:FC Honka Espoo.svg
The image Image:FC Honka Espoo.svg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
I propose to remove the section about the shooting from the article. We already have a separate article covering the incident and it doesn't really merit a section in this article. Espoo is a fairly large city and this is certainly not the first multiple homicide there. The fact that it happened today doesn't change this. --KFP (talk | contribs) 14:14, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. It's a major event for the people involved and for the shopping centre, but doesn't seem like one in the history of the city. I think a link to the shooting article in See also should remain, at least for now, though. Revelian (talk) 16:48, 1 January 2010 (UTC)
"Meant original to"?
- The manor hosts a restaurant and club rooms, partly with original furniture open to the public, but meant original to Kaisankoti sanatory and old people's home located on ground of the manor.
What on Earth is "meant original to" supposed to mean? Perhaps "originally meant for"? Was this written by a Finn who doesn't understand English has different sentence structures than Finnish? JIP | Talk 22:51, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Espoo. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141029190516/http://vrk.fi/default.aspx?docid=8639&site=3&id=0 to http://vrk.fi/default.aspx?docid=8639&site=3&id=0
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.