|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the George Ingram article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|George Ingram has been listed as one of the Warfare good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|Current status: Good article|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article was created or added to during the Victoria Cross Reference Migration. It may contain material that was used with permission from victoriacross.net.|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:George Ingram/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- It is reasonably well written.
- a (prose): b (MoS):
- It is factually accurate and verifiable.
- It is broad in its coverage.
- a (major aspects): b (focused):
- It follows the neutral point of view policy.
- Fair representation without bias:
- It is stable.
- No edit wars etc.:
- It is illustrated by images, where possible and appropriate.
Correct school ?
|This article is the subject of a request emailed to the Wikimedia OTRS Team.
Issues identified are: ''
I've had an OTRS contact that brings into doubt his school. There is a plaque on the side of the Seville State School that states he attended that school along with his two brothers. Yet the Australian Dictionary of Biography states he went to Lilydale. Perhaps he attended both ? - Peripitus (Talk) 10:50, 3 May 2015 (UTC)
- It is, of course, possible that he attended both. However, I don't believe I have seen mention elsewhere that he attended the Seville State School. Cheers, Abraham, B.S. (talk) 01:25, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
There appear to be some references for the Seville School
- Douglas, Peter (17 February 2015). "Honour for VC recipient". Mountain Views Mail. Star News Group. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- "George Morby INGRAM". UNSW Canberra. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on George Ingram. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110525050231/http://www.aif.adfa.edu.au:8080/showPerson?pid=149421 to http://www.aif.adfa.edu.au:8080/showPerson?pid=149421
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080509163955/http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-vc/ingram-vc.htm to http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-vc/ingram-vc.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.