Talk:Goldstone Deep Space Communications Complex
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Goldstone Deep Space Communications Complex article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Name of article
Is this the proper name for the page? It seems to me like as the Goldstone site is only a part of the Deep Space Network, that the name should remain Goldstone Observatory. However, I am not too familiar with the DSN, so maybe someone else can make the call. --zandperl 00:52, 12 Mar 2004 (UTC)
- I don't know if you still have this page on your watchlist, but yes the name is correct. DSN is composed of three Deep Space Communications Complexes (Goldstone, Canberra, and Madrid), an operations center and voice communications at JPL, and the network connecting them. I believe that "Goldstone Observatory" is a subset of GDSCC because GDSCC consists of multiple antennas (radio telescopes/ground stations).RockinRobTalk 04:03, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
Photos and/or photo uploads are needed.
- HABS or HAER photos may be available for this site. Search HABS/HAER here
- Some of NRHP photos linked in article are taken by NPS employee, hence public domain and can be used.
- NRHP photos seem not to be available on-line for this site.
- New photos would be helpful.
Website in infobox is (slightly) wrong.
I gave up following templates after the 3rd :-)
Current URL redirects to just [https://www.gdscc.nasa.gov/]
How to fix it?
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Goldstone Deep Space Communications Complex. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070701195948/http://tps.cr.nps.gov/nhl/detail.cfm?ResourceId=1930&ResourceType=Structure to http://tps.cr.nps.gov/nhl/detail.cfm?ResourceId=1930&ResourceType=Structure
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.