|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Hayden Panettiere article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
It was only yesterday that she was in the Supernova Pop Culture Expo in Australia, lets add this to the article.
Who cares what the Italian pronunciation is? She's an American. Why not give the Japanese, Andaman, South African and Hebrew pronunciations as well?
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Hayden Panettiere. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20110707073317/http://finance.abc7chicago.com/abclocal.wls/news/read?GUID=4671861&Symbol=ICON to http://finance.abc7chicago.com/abclocal.wls/news/read?GUID=4671861&Symbol=ICON
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources still need to be checked
April 2016 cleanup
While I am certainly not going to go line by line to discuss each change, some of the more obvious ones:
I disagree with the removal of her fiance. They have been together for a few years and have a child together. While they are not yet married, it is not like we are listing every drunken screw she ever had. He should stay.
Heroes Reborn (both of them) - It is a continuation, albeit under new titles, of her previous role. Unless you are willing to remove the original Heroes, we somehow need to include the 'sequels'.
I don't pretend to understand how to make charts, so I won't go in too far indepth with what was removed or changed because you could have just as easily moved it and I wouldn't understand - but the way I see it (in the 'differences' page), there are songs/albums that should be there that looked like they were removed. I will just say this in case you are not aware: The Nashville albums, they do have multiple overlapping albums. For example, some of the songs appear on the album for Season 1 as well as the albums of just Hayden songs or just duets or just acoustic songs (etc). Because the industry no longer needs to press physical albums, they can really milk those compilations with the digital formats. Those aren't just long descriptions, those are actual album names of multiple albums.
That is why I did a complete Undo. There was enough that I disagreed with, to justify overlooking the things I did agree with or things that I thought could use a better format.
I then went back and re-inserted your S2:E1 into 2.1 type of changes. I thought it would be easier to revert and then re-edit, rather than trying to pick and choose selected text to revert.
And I am actually fine with not counting episodes of Nashville as it runs, but after 80+ episodes, I also don't feel a need to change it. That's something that should have started at episode 1. Not 4 episodes before the show gets cancelled (nothing official, just low ratings). I also think, that if we aren't doing an episode count, we should say something like Main Role (current), that way people know that it is ongoing and will be tallied at the end.
- Thanks for giving your reasons and being willing to cooperate.
- That, I didn't actually just remove myself. It was removed when I reverted to a previous version, but I left it off because basically a source needs to say that they are partners or have been living together for years in order to be listed as a "life partner" in the infobox. But, I can let that one go. Also, the sentence in Personal life just says that she had a baby. It doesn't say that it is his (I know that the source does - so that sentence should be changed).
- Those are "archive footage", meaning they are just clips from the original. Archive footage should not be included in a filmography.
- Only the original soundtrack should be listed. Compilations have their own list. Listing other appearances in that column just bloats the row to be too wide.
- The word "current" is non-encyclopedic, and the year column has "present", so it would be redundant as well.
- I'll wait awhile for your response before making any appropriate changes. —Musdan77 (talk) 16:50, 23 April 2016 (UTC)
- 1. Fiance. It sounds like there may be some sort of rule that governs that. I am fine with following the rules, lol. And I would also be fine with mentioning it in the article rather than in the box until they got married.
- 2. Heroes. I don't know how to handle archive footage by WP, but I know that she was credited with the appearance. So that makes me think it is a credit. But again, I am fine with its removal as long as that is how WP handles it. I know that the Heroes revivals were not that big of a splash, but the original was so to me, any continuation should be noted.
- 3. Soundtracks. I am fine with following the rules. I guess the question becomes - which is the 'original' soundtrack. They release each song the day after the episode airs. The only physical discs are the "Music of Nashville" titles, so that makes the most sense to be the one to use. But not all of songs appear on that series. That is more like a greatest hits of all the others. Again, if only one is to be used, than getting rid of the multiple listings is ok.