|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
History and Current Research sections
I feel this article is missing two very important sections, namely the history of HCI and what research is being done to further develop HCI.
The history section could go over the early ideas and concepts in HCI, like
- Vannevar Bush's Memex
- J.C.R. Licklider's “man-computer symbiosis”
- The development of Time-sharing
- Ivan Sutherland’s SketchPad
- Alan Kay's Dynabook
- Xerox PARC / Star and predecessors
Current research could briefly go over the following ideas and how they relate to HCI
- Speech recognition and natural language processing
- Gesture recognition
- computer vision, face recognition, gaze tracking, ect...
- virtual reality and 3D interfaces
- multi-touch interfaces
I'm sympathetic to including some history, and there are several references in the article to historical treatments. I'd caution anyone undertaking this to read Colin Burke's book Information & Secrecy before writing about Memex (or read about it in my chapter in ARIST 47 or the forthcoming 3rd HCI Handbook edition). I'd also add Engelbart to the list. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jgrudin (talk • contribs) 10:44, 10 December 2010 (UTC)
Further reading suggestion
A New York Times article: Lohr, Steve (September 7, 2015). "Humanizing Technology: A History of Human-Computer Interaction". New York Times. Runner1928 (talk) 15:20, 9 September 2015 (UTC)
I feel the "Current research" section should be merged into the "Goals" section.
"Current research" section research article found
Hi editors ! I found what was written in "CURRENT Research" part in this research article . How do i proceed with this edit ?
Human Computer Interface-Augmented Reality Apoorva Biseria , Anunay Rao2 Student, Department of CSE, IET-DAVV, Indore, India1 Student, Dept of CSE, SGSITS, Indore, India
Edit : "Topics in HCI include"
I want to change this to "Research in other disciplines ". Pls advice me if i should or should not proceed with this edit. These are the research going on right now . "Topics in HCI" doesn't seem to be appropriate, since there are many topics in HCI . Pls advice Aishwarya889 (talk) 19:56, 14 September 2016 (UTC)
"Factors of change "- want to combine 2 points
Hello editors ! I linked "Augmented Reality" to its wiki page. Pls let me know if thats okay Another edit i want to make is to combine these two points under factors of change
• Miniaturization of hardware leading to portability
• Reduction in power requirements leading to portability
Ergonomics of the situation
We have an article on ergonomic keyboard and a section on ergonomic mouse but nothing for the overall combined experience (including everything from how you sit to virtual reality). There's also things like:
- The effect of wrist rests and forearm support during keyboard and mouse use (2004)
- Workplace interventions to prevent musculoskeletal and visual symptoms and disorders among computer users: a systematic review (2006)
- Ergonomic interventions for computers users with cumulative trauma disorders
- Effects of Ergorest arm supports on muscle strain and wrist positions during the use of the mouse and keyboard in work with visual display units: a work site intervention.