Talk:I Am Weasel
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the I Am Weasel article.|
|Archives: Index, 1|
|This article is of interest to multiple WikiProjects. Click [show] for further details.|
|This article has an assessment summary page.|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Any threads with no replies in 200 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived. An archive index is available here.|
Air date dispute
There's a lot of reverting happening over the air date. There are two air dates in question:
-  This is a press release from Turner, the owner of CN. The series premiered in June 1999.
-  This is also a press release from turner. Cow and Chicken premiered in July 1997.
Now the question is, what date goes on this article? Since the article opens with the statement American animated television series, I'm inclined to go with the first date cited above.
Except in about one place, Weasel's name is given throughout the article as "I Am Weasel", which is a severe blip in logic given Baboon's name. However, I has an question: Are Weasel's initials given in-material as "I.M." or "I. M."? T.J. Fuller, Jr. (talk) 01:37, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
- Both forms can be used, but I think that "I.M." is more conventional. Inox talk 21:53, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
New episode on November 26, 1999
According to a CCF promo there was a new I Am Weasel on November 26, 1999 along with new Johnny Bravo, PPG, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Courage and Mike, Lu and Og. How is this possible if everywhere it is listed that I Am Weasel ended in September 1999? Here's the promo for evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI-YOddmlLw --188.8.131.52 (talk) 09:53, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- All the reliable sources that can be found in Internet say that I Am Weasel has ended on September 16, 1999, there is no source about other date. In that video, is not said if it's really from November 26, 1999, that is only said in the description of the video, which I think it's not considered a reliable source by Wikipedia's policy. Also, I think YouTube is not a reliable source too. I don't know, because I am from the portuguese language Wikipedia, and the policy from here is not the same that the policy from there in various aspects. So, I'll call a user who know much more about the rules of here. Inox talk 20:31, 29 May 2011 (UTC)
- The dates on this article match up with the ones on TV.com, where I can only assume the information was originally gathered from. With that being said, I'd like to point out that September 16, 1999, was on a Thursday, and not a Friday when it would be able to air on CCF. Obviously the date is incorrect, and I personally believe the user on YouTube as he seems to know what he's talking about (even if it isn't a "reliable" source). Paper Luigi Talk • Contributions 21:12, 29 May 2011 (UTC)
- Well, that's right. The episode wouldn't be able to be aired on September 16, 1999 because it was a thursday and CCF was aired on fridays. So, probably that's not the actual end date of the series. But what we'll do? There is no concrete source which say the actual date. Also, we don't know if the end date can be November 26, 1999, because is not said if in that day was aired the last episode of the series; it's said that new episodes were aired but who can guarantee that one of them was the last episode "I Are Legend"? Including, despite IMDb have many errors in its website, is said there that I Am Weasel ended in 2000 .
- The only option we have, in my opinion, is to contact Cartoon Network and ask them about the end date of I Am Weasel. What do you think, Paper Luigi? Inox talk 00:01, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- I've been researching this for a while now, and I haven't found very much on the show's end date. One thing I did find was this old page from CartoonNetwork.com in the early 2000s that lists six episodes with their airdates. Unfortunately, none of them are even close to the Nov. 26 airing, but I did notice the episode "This Bridge, Not Weasel Bridge" is listed as being aired on September 16, 1997 (a Tuesday of all days, though it was well before CCF became established). As for contacting Cartoon Network, I doubt that they'd reply, but it's still worth a try. Paper Luigi Talk • Contributions 00:38, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, and this too, which states that "Legend of Big Butt/I Am Dragon Slayer/I Are Legend" was completed on September 16, 1999, not aired. Paper Luigi Talk • Contributions 00:41, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- Interesting. So, that's the problem: September 16, 1999 is the end date of I Am Weasel's production, not original airing. It's a pity that in the source the original airing date is not included, becuase it would resolve the problem now. About the first source you found: those six episodes are all from the season 1, therefore that their airdates are not close to the date of the CCF promo. Now that you found the second source you cited, we can arrive at a half-conclusion: probably, on November 26, 1999, CCF aired the three first episodes of season 5 (I Are Terraformer! / I Am Viking / The Drinking Fountain of Youth), so is likely that I Am Weasel's original airing end date was on early 2000, as mentioned in IMDb. I don't know, but is a hypothesis.
- Tomorrow, I'll search for more sources too. Try to contact Cartoon Network, maybe they reply. And sorry if my English contains errors, it is not advanced, just intermediate. Inox talk 03:19, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- Exactly, and I agree, I really wish that table was complete. By the way, I also contacted the guy who made the video mentioned above. He told me that "The Incredible Shrinking Weasel / Baboon Man and Boy Weasel / I.M.N. Love" was aired on October 1, 1999 (which is completely possible considering that episode finished production on June 11), but I can't find a reliable source to use as a reference. Paper Luigi Talk • Contributions 03:28, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- I found another source saying that I Am Weasel made its official debut as a spinoff on June 10, 1999 (the day before the first CCF). Paper Luigi Talk • Contributions 04:48, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- This has become a hot discussion! It's great that ccffreak posted this video or else we probably would have never found out that September 16, 1999 wasn't the last episode's premiere, but the date it was produced. Anyways, I made a thread on ToonZone, but so far nothing. I hope we get the information from Cartoon Network, althought I doubt it.--184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:37, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
I am using two computers to comment, so, for not confuse the IP adress, from now I will sign with the signature of my user account. I am not editing with my user account because I lost its password months ago. Inox talk 20:53, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
That's great, Paper Luigi! You found the debut date of the season 5! We now are very close to discover the actual end date of I Am Weasel, but I can't find a source which have it. To the anonymous user: I don't know if ToonZone users will know about the exactly date, pratically they know the same than us: late 1999 or early 2000. I also notice you ask about it in Yahoo! Answers, I don't know if they will know too because the information they answer there is generally based on the information contained in Wikipedia's articles or other websites, and almost all the websites in Internet say that I Am Weasel ended on September 16, 1999. Inox talk 00:09, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- I've made a topic on the work group's talk page to expand the discussion. Paper Luigi Talk • Contributions 21:21, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
Dexter's Laboratory was on hiatus between 1999-2000 so it couldn't have aired any new episodes on November 26, 1999. There wasn't no new Ed, Edd n Eddy or Johnny Bravo episodes on either. Its a possibility that they may have promoted Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd n Eddy and Dexter's Laboratory as having new episodes by accident. Only new Courage the Cowardly Dog, Mike, Lu & Og and The Powerpuff Girls episodes were on that day. The Air Date has to be wrong. I Am Weasel and Cow & Chicken both ended before this promo as well. It would be impossible for Dexter's Laboratory, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken and I Am Weasel to have a new episode on November 26, 1999. The description has to be wrong. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 06:20, August 25, 2011 (UTC)
- It's not said in the CCF promo that there were new episodes of Dexter's Laboratory and Cow and Chicken airing on November 26, 1999, only new episodes of these six shows: I Am Weasel, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Powepuff Girls and Mike, Lu & Og. And the information is not from the description of the video (otherwise we'd ignore it), but from the promo itself (pause the video at 0:51 and you'll see a brief glimpse of the date). Inox talk 21:41, 25 August 2011 (UTC)
Well, the Wikipedia episode lists otherwise stated that no new episodes of Ed, Edd n Eddy or Johnny Bravo aired on November 26, 1999. Though i did watch Fridays on that day, i don't really recall any new episodes of Johnny Bravo or Ed, Edd n Eddy airing. Though i was really young during the time, i at least know that no new Ed, Edd n Eddy was on that day because that was my favorite cartoon back then. I watched every new episode whenever it aired. As for Johnny Bravo, i was never really a big fan of it so I'm not sure if it was new or not. But i am sure that Ed, Edd n Eddy wasn't airing any new episodes on November 26, 1999. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 00:14, September 6, 2011 (UTC)
- All right. But the problem is that these lists have no reliable source that proves the actual airdates of the episodes (Ed, Edd n Eddy list is unsourced, and Johnny Bravo list has TV.com as source, which is not reliable). Also, self-experience can't be used as reference in a page, that's why we need to search for independent sources. Although YouTube is not a reliable source too, the promo seems to be real. Well, that's what we know at the time. If there were new episodes of the Eds and of Johnny airing on November 26, 1999, we can't put this information in the lists because there are no reliable sources for them, but is much likely that there were new episodes on that day. In any case, we can't continue this discussion here because this talk page is only for discussions about I Am Weasel. Inox talk 07:29, 6 September 2011 (UTC)