|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
"Present" doesn't seem very NPOV to me.
- Is it better now, I removed the POV from that section that I could see. — Wackymacs 18:02, 7 February 2006 (UTC)
'The Equivalent Of'
This is highly dangerous - citing prices in what one perceives as current rates (including inflation). This is not a good idea. Best to keep to the actual prices and let readers adjust themselves. Otherwise you have to go back constantly in thousands of articles and keep redacting. How much has this dollar tanked in the past year? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:25, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:Victor-Entertainment-logo.gif
The image Image:Victor-Entertainment-logo.gif is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
Can't find any specifics on JVC products on Wikipedia
JVC is a big company with lots of products, wondering why isn't there self interest on JVC products from cameras, camcorders, stereos, TVs and more. There should be more on their products on individual articles.--Oxforduniversity1 (talk) 19:40, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
- See Wikipedia's policy on notability. Wikipedia is not an indiscriminate collection of information and most emphatically is not a product catalog. We cover individual products where they are particularly innovative, influential, or otherwise significant in some way. For example, we have an article on the Sony CDP-101, the first CD player commercially sold, and we have one on the first VHS machine, the JVC HR-3300. But this is not justification for having articles on the bazillions of CD player and VCR models that followed them. As it is, I think there are too many articles on specific products that have slipped through the cracks. Jeh (talk) 20:40, 24 July 2014 (UTC)
- You can add the list of models but not entirely everything on every model. JVC has unique models such as old school boom boxes, camera's and etc but not to list everything but things of the list they made but if there is a specific source on a particular model that may have had something different but like another model, might be a good explain that specific thing. If one had 40 watts and the other had 47 watts but they look alight, there should be some clarification on that is what I am mentioning.--Oxforduniversity1 (talk) 08:07, 6 August 2014 (UTC)
- No, we don't need yet another "list of Xyz products" article. In fact, a number of us are trying to get many of the existing articles of that sort deleted. Wikipedia is not a product guide. Slight differences between otherwise similar products that had no particular significance outside JVC's product line are exactly what Wikipedia is not for. Try audiogon.com or AVS forums. Jeh (talk) 10:10, 6 August 2014 (UTC)