|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the James Woods article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I removed the IQ section. The single source doesn't mean he really is among the smartest, and the IQ score provided is something that he self-reported, not itself verifiable. And anyone can enroll in an advanced math class. Taking it and passing it is a whole other achievement (which he hasn't done). — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2605:A000:1410:C0A2:A810:3F93:32F2:8D7D (talk) 15:35, 30 August 2015 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 25 November 2015
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
- Not done: Umm...what would you call the 300+ million people living in America? --Stabila711 (talk) 07:22, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
Why has the 9/11 section been completely excised?
Personal life stuff
I understand that there has been a lot of traffic to this page after the recent op-ed in the NYT. However, please keep in mind that Wikipedia is not a tabloid. I have excised a lot of recently added stuff. Please realize that this is a BLP, so we typically require higher quality of sourcing, especially for contentious stuff. The sort-of-legitimate stuff is:
- Accusation by Amber Tamblyn in the NYT op-ed. Op-eds are typically not considered reliable for facts (see WP:RSOPINION), but attributed opinions may be allowed. That is a matter of judgement and this is a recent story. I have kept it in for now. Woods' denial should be noted.
- The story about Woods being accused by his ex-wife of abuse. This is derivatively sourced to People magazine, and Woods denial is not noted. This is a rather flimsy story, so I have kept it out. One can decide whether to include it.
The illegitimate stuff is "Woods was criticized for dating a 20-year old model" (and its variants). Firstly, there is no "criticism" in the sources cited. Secondly, the sources cited are all tabloid-ish sources like E! Online. I think we aspire to rise a little bit above the Daily Mail here at Wikipedia.
Lastly, please do not source stuff to Twitter. Especially, when the accusation involves a 19-year old, which is not the same as a 16-year old, so the things aren't comparable. Kingsindian ♝ ♚ 09:47, 18 September 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on James Woods. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://archive.is/20120911014516/http://www.pawtuckettimes.com/content/pawt-ri-antiques-woods to http://www.pawtuckettimes.com/content/pawt-ri-antiques-woods
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.