|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
It uses kanjii/hanzi, not huragana or katakana
Japanese calligraphy doesn't use Hiragana or Katakana, only kanji. Intranetusa 23:13, 19 August 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for your contribution, but your edit isn't correct. There is vast range of calligraphic works written in Hiragana. --Amagase 11:21, 20 August 2007 (UTC)
The article is blank in several places where one might surmise that it shouldn't be. What's the deal there? I have no information to contribute, but the blanks seem out of place. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 05:55, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
- It's pretty bare, but if you read Japanese, there is ja:日本の書道史#江戸時代. Bendono (talk) 06:01, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Added some photos, tools section
This article seems to focus mostly on historical topics and its relation to Zen. There's little or no mention of how shodō is done today, so I took some photos and uploaded them to the article, and wrote out a section on tools and how they are prepared. Further information is needed to expand this article so it isn't just a historical one. --Ph0kin (talk) 07:50, 7 January 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Japanese calligraphy. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131203122349/http://ajw.asahi.com/article/globe/feature/calligraphy/AJ201201290029 to http://ajw.asahi.com/article/globe/feature/calligraphy/AJ201201290029
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110102204715/http://www.zenshodo.com/history.htm to http://www.zenshodo.com/history.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.