|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Is the "writer et al" famous enough to be mentioned here? Don't mean to be rude, but...
Meelar 02:24, 3 May 2004 (UTC)
(this post simulposted with last one; that is, the 02.26 post was written without knowledge of the 02.24 post)
No, this is not self-promotion. This is some DJ in the South I happen to know about, partly because of the name coincidence. He's a shock jock that came under fire on Fark.com, and some other places, a couple of times. a (different) Mike Church 02:26, 3 May 2004 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. What I'm questioning is the inclusion of "he should not be confused with the Wikipedia contributor of the same name". Best wishes, Meelar 02:29, 3 May 2004 (UTC)
- Yeah, I decided that part wasn't appropriate. If someone writes a Mike Church disambig (for the shock jock, fictional detective, travel author, etc.) I'd certainly be worthy of a mention. However, no one is going to confuse me with a 38-year-old DJ, and so there's really no point in having that bit there. Mike Church 02:32, 3 May 2004 (UTC)
- Hey, if you deserve an article, you ought to write one; that disambig might be useful. I personally have no idea if you do or not. But if you don't want to, or have better things to do, that's no problem. Agree that disambig shouldn't go in until you actually have a page. Meelar 02:37, 3 May 2004 (UTC)
- I'd be highly nervous about writing an article on myself (aside from the User page). I do have some accomplishments that are potentially article-worthy, but it's still tricky business.
- One semi-famous thing I've done (Ambition (card game)) already has an article. However, writing articles about oneself and one's own accomplishments is really tricky business. At any rate, if anyone else saw fit to write an article about me, s/he'd probably be accused of being a sock puppet. Mike Church 02:49, 3 May 2004 (UTC)
- Second paragraph is a little rude, I'm going to clean it up slightly if it's alright with people (actually I've just erased it completly as there really wasn't much there to be saved). Jefffire 11:42, 26 November 2005 (UTC)
I notice a npov flag has been put up. I was wondering if it was ready to be removed yet as the more POV sentances have been removed. Jefffire 16:07, 26 January 2006 (UTC)
Inventer of Ambition?
We are going to need some references on the claim that he invented Ambition, otherwise the paragraph will just have to be removed. I'm going to wait a couple of days then change it. Jefffire 15:38, 12 March 2006 (UTC)
Negative material removed
I've removed some material from this page because of lack of reliable sources per Wikipedia:Biographies of living persons#Remove_unsourced_or_poorly_sourced_negative_material.--Nonpareility 18:11, 26 September 2006 (UTC)
This article is going to be re-written. It is pitiful, and not neutral. --SirAndrew1 02:36, 14 April 2007 (UTC)