|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Simple Question :: Simple Answer
OhNoitsJamie, why don't you ever give a logical answer to a direct question? Your normal response is to delete the question in the discussion section and site some ambiguous rule of which Wiki has clearly made exceptions to. Why don't you let the rest of the community respond? Your actions have really set back the progress of Wiki's Qingdao articles! Most of the local community here in Qingdao will probably stop contributing because of your actions! You act as if you are speaking on behalf of the entire Wiki community. Are you?
Questions: Why can't the Laoshan article have an External Link section? Why do you consider a comprehensive gallery photographed and put together by Qingdao locals SPAM? Your actions are implying that you consider the contributions of Qingdao locals SPAM! WHY? Why is the following link considered SPAM? Can we please discuss this issue?
Wiki’s guidlines State:
"Be respectful to others and their points of view. This means primarily: Do not simply revert changes in a dispute. When someone makes an edit you consider biased or inaccurate, improve the edit, rather than reverting it. Provide a good edit summary when making significant changes that other users might object to. The Three Revert Rule forbids the use of reverts in repetitive succession.
Writing according to the "perfect article guidelines" and following the NPOV policy can help you write "defensively", and limit your own bias in your writing. For some guidelines, see Wikipedia:Wikiquette." —Preceding unsigned comment added by Gaoshan (talk • contribs)
- I'm reverting spam per external link guidelines. This has nothing to do with WP:NPOV. From your contribution history, it's clear that your primary objective is to put links to your site here. OhNoitsJamie Talk 15:54, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
I respect your decision. I do not want Wiki to be a repository of external links. Please realize that wiki is still banned in China! If I look at your history I could make judgments too. Simply put, I just want to give Wiki users a link that provides up to date information from Qingdao locals. Qingdao Travel & Living Guide only generates revenue from the Google ads. As you know, this almost pays for the yearly hosting & registration. The time put into this site comes from the hart and soul of the Qingdao people. I am only trying to give Wiki users the real feeling of Qingdao.--Gaoshan 04:41, 27 October 2006 (UTC)
I think that the Qingdao Travel & Living Guide's Laoshan Photo Gallery External Link is not SPAM according to Wiki's guidelines. Those photos add so much to this article. "A picture is worth a thousand words!" Do you honestly think that these gallery's do not add anything to the Wiki Laoshan Article? How can we resolve this issue? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- You don't need to copy the same discussion to multiple talk pages. Please limit to your talk page Gaoshan (talk · contribs) or my talk page. OhNoitsJamie Talk 16:23, 30 October 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Mount Lao. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110714172658/http://www.cnta.gov.cn:8000/Forms/TravelCatalog/TravelCatalogList.aspx?catalogType=view&resultType=5A to http://www.cnta.gov.cn:8000/forms/travelcatalog/travelcataloglist.aspx?catalogtype=view&resulttype=5a
- Added archive https://archive.is/20130731060349/http://big5.chinanews.com:89/gate/big5/qd.chinanews.com/xinwen/qdnews/201210/1015089.html to http://big5.chinanews.com:89/gate/big5/qd.chinanews.com/xinwen/qdnews/201210/1015089.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.