|Probability has been listed as a level-3 vital article in Mathematics. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as B-Class.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The person who wrote up odds as currently displayed on the page got it wrong. A 2:1 event is not an event with probability 2/3; it is a 1/3 probability event. The formula a/(a+b) needs to be replaced with b/(a+b) and is probably best illustrated with a reference to gambling.
Theory of errors
I submit that the memoir De erroribus (1823) by C F Gauss should be mentioned. Gauss derives the error function connected with his name, from only three assumptions.
(C Lomnitz, Mexico City)
- I suppose...because SpacialOS is made by a company called Improbable. Ha ha ha. 17:49, 5 July 2017 (UTC)
- Okay, it's actually not a joke. Experienced editor User:Edwardx created the page as a redirect to Improbable, then a red link, thinking someone may create a page about the company. Then another editor, User:czar, made Improbable a redirect to Probability, because.. of course. And then a bot fixed the double redirect, and there you go, sheridan. — Gamall Wednesday Ida (t · c) 18:01, 5 July 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Probability. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20160203070724/http://statprob.com/encyclopedia/AdrienMarieLegendre.html to http://statprob.com/encyclopedia/AdrienMarieLegendre.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.