Talk:Samuel K. Zook
|WikiProject Biography / Military||(Rated Start-class)|
Although some reference books list him as "Samuel Kosciusko Zook", researchers in genealogy have questioned whether this alleged name change ever actually took place. On his oath of office upon promotion to brigadier general, a mere 10 weeks before his death, his signature appears as "Samuel Kurtz Zook". If the name change did take place, it would have to be during those 10 weeks, but as far as I know no one has any record of such a name change ever happening, nor any record of Zook signing his name with Kosciusko. (He normally signed with just the middle initial K.) A more likely explanation is that Appleton's - which is known to be unreliable - just got the name wrong and others have subsequently copied from them.
So what's the Wikipedia protocol for dealing with something like this? I can't cite a source declaring he DIDN'T change his middle name to Kosciusko, any more than I can cite a source declaring he didn't change his name to "Kangaroo". Does the error have to stand just because it was published and hasn't been explicitly disproven? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Iglew (talk • contribs) 04:28, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
- Rewritten in April 2006. Hal Jespersen 16:51, 30 August 2006 (UTC)
Does anyone know if General Zook is depicted in the film Gettysburg? There is a short sequence before Chamberlain's engagement in which a union officer is shot and his battalion is driven back at the edge of the wheatfield. It would seem to be accurately placed at the time Zook and his soldiers were fighting and also when Zook was mortally wounded. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 04:16, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
- He is not listed in the cast: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107007/fullcredits Hal Jespersen (talk) 16:58, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Samuel K. Zook. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100611142524/http://files.usgwarchives.org/pa/montgomery/history/local/mchb0022.txt to http://files.usgwarchives.org/pa/montgomery/history/local/mchb0022.txt
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.civilwarhome.com/zookfredericksburg.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.