|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Selena (film) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
James Berardinelli (film critic)
I could not find the following quote: "The real Selena was such a dynamic personality that it's to Jennifer Lopez's credit<nowiki><nowiki>Insert non-formatted text here<nowiki>Insert non-formatted text here<sup>Insert non-formatted text here</sup><sub><small>Subscript text</small> <gallery> <gallery> Image:Example.jpg|Caption1 Image:Example.jpg|Caption2 </gallery> </gallery></sub></nowiki></nowiki> that she successfully</nowiki> captured the essence of the popular Tex-Mex singer in this superiorOscar ref bio-pic...." Nor mention that Lopez should be nominated for an Oscar. I changed quote and eliminated erence. Still same film critic. Luigibob 14:36, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
Re Selena's fans angry about Lopez
I remember this mentioned quite a bit back when the movie was being filmed but I am having trouble finding documentation. Will keep trying. [[User:LuiInsert non-formatted text heregibob|Luigibob]] 17:29, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
- Finally found a source for angry Mexican American activists. Placed para into new "Controversies" section. Re-worded as well. Luigibob 19:39, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
Box office Sales
I have removed the $100,000,000 sales figure because it's not verifiable at this point. Please do not replace until a reference is found. I will make an attempt to do so, and I believe I have tried in the past when I first removed the 100MM figure a long time ago. At this point we have two references for figures in article. Luigibob 17:56, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
- Hey vandal 22.214.171.124 why don't you go out and find a reference for worldwide sales since you seem to be hell-bent on inclusion of the 100,0000,000 sales figure. 100MM exactly right? Luigibob 03:22, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
Removed gallery of array of images re video covers, dvd covers, ect. This is over-kill. Wiki is not a collection of random information. Also, a few were redundant images...see infobox. In addition it seems like the inclusion of so many DVD images is advertising for the film. Wiki must remain neutral. A such, such a gallery must be removed in most cases. The information included in the section does the job as it stands. Luigibob (talk) 06:34, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
Reverted edits of images
I have reverted the three images for many reasons. I see that all the images are up for deletion because they do not contain the required info as per Wikipedia guidelines.
- The Selena Logo: Images should correspond to information found in the article and not irrelevant images (or information). Also, images are rarely placed in plot unless it reflects what is being discussed in plot.
- The DVD cover: As I've stated before this a redundant image. A similar copy can be found in the infobox.
- Selena in Mexico: I can't be sure if this is the real Selena or Lopez, and you do not mention this in your upload. If image is of Selena then the image is off-topic and not suitable for inclusion. The article is about the film and not Selena per se.
- Selena 10th anniversary DVD: I have reduced the image so it fits within the Video/DVD section.
Please keep the aesthetics of the article in mind when editing: image size, image location, how the sections fit in the article, and the like; it's much like being a copy editor in a magazine. If the "Selena in Mexico" is of LOPEZ, then we can include it the "Critical reception" section in the same size as "Lopez signing autographs" (but you need to complete the info required in image page, including source of image). Images should try not OVERWHELM article in their size. How you have approached your recent edits makes it seem that you are a promoter of the film and or DVD sales. In fact, your only edits are about this film. Luigibob (talk) 11:37, 27 November 2007 (UTC)
Distribution of videos (holding)
Video and DVD releases
A Spanish dubbed VHS was released on January 16, 2001, along with a Special Edition VHS.
Another DVD was released on May 15, 2007 with the same art cover but newly designed. This was a repackaging of the 1997 DVD. The only noticeable difference was that a picture of the DVD menu was not on the back cover on this release, as it was in the 1997 DVD edition.