Talk:United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Oil / Aqaba pipeline
Placing this text here for the moment. It will fit better in the Oil security section:
- Ronald Reagan meeting with Tariq Aziz at the White House. 
- Bell 214ST: 48 of these were sold to Iraq by the United States in 1984. 
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq war. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20121015180912/http://www.foia.cia.gov/duelfer/Iraqs_WMD_Vol3.pdf to http://www.foia.cia.gov/duelfer/Iraqs_WMD_Vol3.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Receipts for chemical weapon precursors sold to Iraq by the US, Germany, etc?
I've read in various places that there are publicly available copies of receipts for components to chemical weapons that US companies sold Saddam Hussein during the Iran-Iraq war. E.g., "You can also find receipts on the Internet from U.S. companies that sold these chemical components to Iraq."  Are these reports true? If so, where are these alleged receipts? Links, please? These belong in the article, if reliably sourced. Benefac (talk) 11:59, 6 September 2016 (UTC)
If anyone thinks anything from the old version of the "U.S. reaction" section should be merged into the new version—which corrects and clarifies many of the relevant issues—I am leaving this note so it is possible to compare them side-by-side. (One thing we can clearly see by this comparison is that Brzezinski's memoir hews very closely to the record.) I wrote the fourth and most substantive paragraph in the old version, but I still feel the recent revision covers all of the same material better. (The only thing I debated merging was the Akins footnote—which I decided against, because it is merely a primary source recounting rumors he heard second- and thirdhand.)TheTimesAreAChanging (talk) 20:31, 28 September 2016 (UTC)
- Reagan, Ronald (19 March 1982), "National Security Decision Directive 114: U.S. Policy toward the Iran–Iraq War" (PDF), in Battle, Joyce, Shaking Hands with Saddam Hussein: The U.S. Tilts toward Iraq, 1980-1984, National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 82