|This article is written in Australian English [colour, labour (but Labor Party), realise]. Some terms that are used in it differ from or are not used in other dialects of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
For whatever reason my addition to the article of Truss being referenced in the US television series Lost has been removed. If this is because of suspicions that I made it up I can only assured you that I did not because that reference to Truss was made. If the removal was made because it was not relevant then I beg to differ since the article on former California Governor Gray Davis mentioned that he appeared in the TV series Yes, Dear. Therefore I do see why a reference to Warren Truss who is not that well known in a popular US television series should not be mentioned. — Preceding unsigned comment added by The Shadow Treasurer (talk • contribs) 02:29, 14 August 2005 (UTC)
- I removed it because it is a piece of silly trivia which does not belong in an encyclopaedia article. Adam 02:36, 14 August 2005 (UTC)
- I agree that the Warren Truss Reference from Lost should be included. I will put it in now, however, I don't know the name of the episode it was from off the top of my head. I'll find out, but if anyone else does know it now and wants to include it, by all means do.--SpudHawg948 (talk) 12:04, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
- Further, as it says on Lostpedia "It is unknown if Mr. Truss is a fan of Lost or if he knows he was even mentioned on it." which further diminishes its significance and unlike the Gray Davis example mentioned above, Mr Truss did not actually appear in the TV program. Barrylb (talk) 11:08, 8 December 2007 (UTC)
Crossed the floor
Apparently Warren Truss has Crossed the Floor on a human rights issue: http://www.aph.gov.au/library/pubs/rn/2005-06/06rn11.htm does anyone know anything more about this, and if so could they include this please? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Whitelaughter (talk • contribs) 13:12, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
Still the Deputy Prime Minister
Warren Truss remains the Deputy Prime Minister of Australia. Julie Bishop is still the Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party following today's vote. I have seen this and a number of other pages changed to state that Julie Bishop is the new Deputy Prime Minister - this is not the case. I should point out that at least one major media outlet made the same error. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 13:55, 14 September 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Warren Truss. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100917122739/http://www.aph.gov.au/Library/parl/43/Shadow/index.htm to http://www.aph.gov.au/Library/parl/43/Shadow/index.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.