Talk:What Is Life
|What Is Life has been listed as one of the Music good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|WikiProject The Beatles||(Rated GA-class, Low-importance)|
Which version appears on the Patch Adams soundtrack? -- (PowerGamer6 01:28, 21 October 2006 (UTC))
If you check with the gnomes (you'll understand if you go there) at the official album web site, you will find a lower case i in the title. I will change the title in the article and have already requested an admin to make the appropriate moves at WP:Requested moves. (John User:Jwy talk) 06:15, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- But it has been pointed out that Wikipedia:Name#Album_and_song_titles_and_band_names indicates short verbs are to be capitalized. weird. (John User:Jwy talk) 16:07, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:What Is Life/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- Review by Paul MacDermott
- It is reasonably well written.
- Article is fairly well laid out and written. Use of lyrics is ok per WP:LYRICS as they are used in the context of discussion. One small suggestion I have is that when they appear together references should be in numerical order. I've spotted a couple which I'll correct, but you might want to check for others.
- It is factually accurate and verifiable.
- Very well-referenced with inline citations. There's no source for the Discoteques version in "Cover Versions" so you'll want to add one.
- It is broad in its coverage.
- The topic is broadly covered with relevant detail where necessary.
- It follows the neutral point of view policy.
- The article is neutral and has no issues regarding bias.
- It is stable.
- No disputes concerning content or edit wars.
- It is illustrated by images, where possible and appropriate.
- Images look fine. Consider adding an audio sample as this always helps to illustrate the song to anyone who is unfamiliar with it.
- Thank you for the review, Paul MacDermott. Yes, it's unfortunate about the Discotheques cover – that text was in the article long before I ever worked on it, I think. I searched online for a reference a while back, but no joy, so I've just deleted it now, as you've suggested. Regards, JG66 (talk) 03:23, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
- Pass All problems sorted now so I've passed it. Congratulations on your good work. This is an interesting article and I believe it has FAC potential. A quick note on the Discoteques. I'm quite good at digging out obscure stuff so I'll see if I can dind something. :) Paul MacDermott (talk) 13:18, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
A new video to the song has been uploaded to YouTube in November 2016 and it seems kinda official as it was uploaded to a channel called GeorgeHarrisonVEVO. The copyright in the description reads (C) 2002 G.H. Estate Ltd, but the upload date coupled with some hints in the video such as the wardrobe of the guy and maybe some of the photography makes it look at least a decade younger than that to me. Also according to WorldNews, main actress/dancer from the video Emma Rubowitz was 18 in 2011, so in 2002, she woulda been 9 years old, and that's not what she looks like in the music video. According to comments below the video on YouTube, the video is the result of an official music video contest for the song held by George's wife and son Olivia and Dhani and this was the winning video they chose. -2003:71:4E6A:B409:F0C2:BF33:943F:4CCD (talk) 17:25, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
- And here are clips from the music video in the director's official showreel for the year 2016: . So it seems this new music video to the song is really from 2016. I guess the (C) 2002 refers to the time when Olivia and Dhani announced the competition and it took so long for anybody to come up with a video they liked enough to choose as the contest winner. --2003:71:4E6A:B409:F0C2:BF33:943F:4CCD (talk) 17:42, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on What Is Life. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140413074500/http://infodisc.fr/Bilan_H.php to http://infodisc.fr/Bilan_H.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150626162215/http://126.96.36.199/archives/70s_files/1971YESP.html to http://188.8.131.52/archives/70s_files/1971YESP.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.