Tân Bình district
Quận Tân Bình
|Centrally governed city||Ho Chi Minh City|
|Seat||387A Trường Chinh|
|• People's Committee||Nguyễn Bá Thành|
|• Total||22.43 km2 (8.66 sq mi)|
|• Density||21,000/km2 (55,000/sq mi)|
|• Main ethnic groups||Predominantly Việt|
|Time zone||UTC+07:00 (ICT)|
Tân Bình is an urban district of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The city's international airport is situated in the district. It consists of 15 wards, from Ward 1 to Ward 15. It occupies 22.43 km2 (8.66 sq mi). In the 2019 census, Tân Bình district has a population of 474,792 people.
Tân Bình is situated within the urban core of Ho Chi Minh City. It borders Phú Nhuận and District 3 to the east, Tân Phú to the west, District 10 and District 11 to the south, District 12 and Gò Vấp to the north.
Most of the district landscape is flat. The average terrain height is 4–5 m (13–16 ft) with the highest natural elevation being around 8–9 m (26–30 ft) in the area of Tân Sơn Nhất International Airport.
|Note: Tân Bình was partitioned in late 2003 to create Tân Phú district|
Source: Tân Bình District People's Council, 2009 Census, 2019 Census
As of the April 1, 2019 census, there were 133,745 households and 474,792 residents in the district. 16.5% were under the age of 14, 77.5% from 15 to 64, and 6% who were 65 years of age or older. For every 100 females, there were 94.0 males.
In 2004, the population was predominantly ethnic Vietnamese (Kinh) with 93.33%. The second-largest ethnic group was the Chinese (Hoa) with 6.38%. Other ethnic groups included Khmer with 0.11%, Tày with 0,05%, Nùng with 0,03%, Mường with 0,02%, Chăm with 0,02% and Thái with 0,01% of the population.
According to the 1999 census, 56.68% reported to be non-religious, 22.9% practiced Catholicism, 19.62% practiced Buddhism, 0.4% practiced Cao Dai, 0.37% practiced Protestantism, 0.02% were Muslims while 0.01% followed Hoa Hao.
Tân Bình district has one of the most notable high schools in Ho Chi Minh City, the Nguyễn Thượng Hiền High School. Other public high schools are Nguyễn Chí Thanh High School, Nguyễn Thái Bình High School and one of the most popular private high school in Ho Chi Minh City, Lý Tự Trọng High School.
Tân Bình School's Disability Workplace Education and Training Project is a collaborative project involving Tân Bình District Department of Education and Training, RMIT University's Department of Social and Community Services and the Loreto Vietnam Australia Program (LVAP). The project is funded by the Australian Government International Aid Program (AusAID) and technical support is provided by AVI (Australian Volunteers International).
The district hosts several consulates:
|Mexico||86/56/20 Phổ Quang, Ward 2|
|Mongolia||84 Thích Minh Nguyệt, Ward 2|
|Myanmar||50 Sầm Sơn, Ward 4|
- "Tan Binh Map, Ho Chi Minh City". Vietnam Travel and Living Guide. Vietnam Online. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- Completed Results of the 2019 Viet Nam Population and Housing Census (PDF) (in Vietnamese and English). Statistical Publishing House. p. 35. ISBN 978-604-75-1532-5.
- Central Population and Housing Census Steering Committee. The 2009 Viet Nam Population and Housing Census: Completed Results (PDF) (in Vietnamese and English). Hanoi, Vietnam. p. 29.
- Cục thống kê Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh. Thực trạng dân số qua Tổng điều tra dân số và nhà ở thời điểm 0 giờ ngày 01 tháng 4 năm 2019, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh (in Vietnamese).
- "Giới thiệu chung". Ủy ban nhân dân Quận Tân Bình (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 1 November 2021.
-  Archived October 3, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- VASCO Archived 2005-02-05 at the Wayback Machine. VASCO. Retrieved on 2013-07-16.
-  Archived May 27, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "Disability Workplace Education and Training Project". RMIT Vietnam. RMIT International University Vietnam. Retrieved 2 June 2012.