Tapan (community development block)
তপন সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||441.10 km2 (170.31 sq mi)|
|• Density||510/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Balurghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Tapan, Gangarampur|
Tapan (community development block) is an administrative division in Balurghat subdivision of Dakshin Dinajpur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Tapan police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Tapan.
Tapan is located at.
As per 2011 Census of India Tapan CD Block had a total population of 250,540 all of which were rural. There were 128,500 males and 122,004 females. Scheduled Castes numbered 80,963 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 55,965.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Tapan CD Block was 152,482 out of which 84,656 were males and 67,826 were females.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Dakshin Dinajpur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Dakshin Dinajpur district (05). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Dakshin Dinajpur". Rivers. District administration. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 4" (PDF). Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 September 2015.