|Nickname(s): The Heart of Panay Island|
|Motto: Regnat Populus Dei ("The People of God Reigns")|
Map of Capiz with Tapaz highlighted
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Legislative district||2nd district of Capiz|
|• Mayor||Roberto Palomar|
|• Total||517.18 km2 (199.68 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation (Mount Baloy)||1,909 m (6,263 ft)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||99/km2 (260/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)36|
The festival in Tapaz are the Patabang Festival in September and Sirinadya in January; other local festival is Tinuom Festival in San Nicolas celebrated in the Month of December. It is 55 kilometres (34 mi) from Roxas City.
Tapaz lies within the latitude 11° 09’ to 11° 09’ 42" and the longitude of 121° 11’ to 122° 34’ 45".
- Bag-Ong Barrio
- Da-an Banwa
- Da-an Norte
- Da-an Sur
- Rizal Norte
- Rizal Sur
- San Antonio
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- San Julian
- San Miguel Ilawod
- San Miguel Ilaya
- San Nicolas
- San Pedro
- San Roque
- San Vicente
- Santa Ana
- Santa Petronila
Tapaz was founded in 1835 but it continued being a part of Dumalag for many years. In 1862 and 1863 two letters were made to declare parish under the patronage of St. Jerome. Both were signed by Governor General Lemery, but they were never executed. Finally, in 1874, Tapaz was declared an independent parish by Jaro Bishop Mariano Cuartero.
|Population census of Tapaz|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Tapaz was 51,313 people, with a density of 99 inhabitants per square kilometre or 260 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "Province: Capiz". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region VI (Western Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Capiz". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Lambunao, Iloilo / Calinog, Iloilo||Bingawan, Iloilo|