||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Tariq Pervez (born 30 December 1948) is a Pakistani ex-government official and ex-Home Minister of Punjab in caretaker cabinet for General Elections 2013. He began as a police officer and rose to become the director-general of Pakistan's Federal Investigation Agency from 2005-2008. After his retirement, he planned to engage in counterterrorism efforts and join a think-tank.
He completed his undergraduate and post-graduate studies from Government College University. Later he completed his MSc in Criminology from Cardiff University and returned to Pakistan to serve the country.
He was appointed as the National Coordinator of Counter Terrorism Authority (NCTA). NCTA's function is to coordinate counterterrorism efforts between FIA, ISI and IB. He faced bureaucratic hurdles in getting the NCTA law draft passed from the Ministry of Interior and the Law Ministry, and eventually resigned over these ongoing obstacles. He officially resigned effective 21 July 2010.
During his tenure as head of CID Punjab he played a major role in eliminating their sectarian network in he 1990s.
Under his stewardship, terrorists who had tried to assassinate former President Pervez Musharraf, and who were involved in the Islamabad Marriott Hotel bombing and other high-profile bombings, were traced. Moreover, he prepared a useful book of suspected terrorists.
He has been mentioned in national dailies DAWN, The News and Daily Times regularly and also in the foreign media such as the New York Times, TIME Magazine  and also in the CTC Sentinel at West Point.
- "Punjab caretaker cabinet sworn in" " Dunya News", 01 April 2013
- Tariq Butt. "DG FIA Tariq Pervez retires gracefully" The News, 30 December 2008
- Rauf Klasra. "PM reshuffles 11 federal secretaries in surprise move" The News, 17 January 2009
- "High-powered counter terrorism body expected" Dawn, 2 January 2009
- Tariq Butt. "Nacta issue to be resolved soon: Malik" The News, 16 March 2010
- "NACTA chairman Tariq Pervez resigns" Daily Times, 21 July 2010
- Syed Shoaib Hasan. "Security chief gets jail warning" BBC News, 10 August 2007
- Mohammad Kamran. "Missing persons case: Produce detainee or face jail, SC tells FIA chief" Daily Times, 21 August 2007
- Sabrina Tavernise and Waqar Gillani. "Frustrated Strivers in Pakistan Turn to Jihad" New York Times, 27 February 2010
- Omar Waraich. "Pakistan's Response to Terrorism: Still Inadequate" Time Magazine, 11 January 2010
- Hassan Abbas "Defining the Punjabi Taliban Network" Journal Article, CTC Sentinel, volume 2, issue 4, pages 1–4 April 2009
- "130 nationals, foreigners to get civil awards"Dawn, 14 August 2004