Tejikarao Shrine entrance
Gifu, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
|Glossary of Shinto|
This shrine was originally built in 860. During the Middle Ages, it was at a strategic location in Mino Province, which led to it being the site of many battles. At the time of the Battle of Sekigahara in 1600, the Oda clan used this shrine as their place of prayer. When they were attacked by the forces of Tokugawa Ieyasu, part of the temple was burned to the ground.
- February 22: Yearly prayers
- Second Saturday of April: Spring Fire Festival
- October 10: Fall Fire Festival
- November 22: Niiname Festival
- Tejikarao Shrine. Fireworks Diary. Accessed July 7, 2007.
|This article relating to Shinto is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|