- The following is an archived discussion of Duane Nellis's DYK nomination. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page; such as this archived nomination"s (talk) page, the nominated article's (talk) page, or the Did you know (talk) page. Unless there is consensus to re-open the archived discussion here. No further edits should be made to this page. See the talk page guidelines for (more) information.
The result was: promoted by Hawkeye7 (talk) 02:51, 9 March 2013 (UTC).
Created by BDD (talk). Self nominated at 01:01, 3 March 2013 (UTC).
- Add citations in "Early life" section! --Tito Dutta (contact) 01:18, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
- Done --BDD (talk) 02:05, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
- The article says "withdrew" his candidacy" and the hook states "declined", might create a bit confusion! --Tito Dutta (contact) 15:39, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
- We could do ALT1 "... that University of Idaho president Duane Nellis initially withdrew from consideration for his current position, and has been offered the presidency of Texas Tech University without applying?" but that's over 200 characters with formatting. Does formatting count? --BDD (talk) 18:30, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
- Well, that's accurate, but not very interesting... --BDD (talk) 21:49, 4 March 2013 (UTC)