- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: rejected by Hawkeye7 (talk) 08:18, 10 July 2014 (UTC)
If You Build It (film)
- ... that high school students in the documentary If You Build It, started their school year making water purifiers from cow pies and finished by designing and building a farmer's market (pictured)?
Created by 842U (talk). Self nominated at 02:46, 29 June 2014 (UTC).
- New (26th), long enough, listed QPQ not done. (1) Not sure about neutrality (things like "hired to fix the school district"—to fix? what was broken?) (2) Second part of hook (farmer's market) doesn't have an immediate ref in article (see 3b). Also the first part of the hook isn't verified in the source (it doesn't say they started with cow pies, just that it was a project they did), and multiple paragraphs are left uncited. I still need to check for copyvio later. It's interesting, though. I work in education and I'd like to know more about this film. Please ping me if I don't respond. czar ♔ 01:58, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
I already completed it. I'm asking you to review the article for neutrality before I review for specifics, which is why it's on hold. czar ♔ 12:41, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
Please complete your DYK review. I will respond and make finals changes when you have completed the review. I would prefer not to go back and forth, with continual "new discoveries"; please be specific with your comments. Thanks! 842U (talk) 12:34, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
- You said you hadn't completed the copyvio either, so I was waiting on that. In the meantime, I revised the specific sentence regarding neutrality that you cited and have reviewed the article for neutrality. I've added further citations that verbatim support that cowpie water purifiers were made on the first day. I can't say that's the most reliable source, but taken with the other source, it's clear (and having seen the movie) the cowpie water purifiers were in fact made on the first day of class, which would qualify as the beginning of their school year. Only saw one paragraph without a citation; I added a reference for the complete cast. Thanks! 842U (talk) 12:53, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
- Holding this article because...?842U (talk) 15:04, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
- Well, for one thing, the needlessly disambiguated article title violates WP:NCF, as far as I can see. There is no other article title by this name (and the fact that it's a fragment of the film line redirect to Field of Dreams does't count, surely). Shawn in Montreal (talk) 14:28, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
Only saw one paragraph without a citation: I see several in 615155129. It's not that paragraphs need one source, but there needs to be a ref at the end of each paragraph so readers know whence the information is cited czar ♔ 14:41, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
- I've had a death in my close family and won't be able to fix the article. If anyone thinks it's worth fixing for a DYK, please have at it. If the problems constitute egregious violations, so be it.842U (talk) 15:50, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
- Some sections still uncited, nom withdrawn czar ♔ 18:40, 8 July 2014 (UTC)