- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Cwmhiraeth (talk) 06:44, 21 January 2020 (UTC)
- Reviewed: Emily Hale
- Comment: Alt 2 may be stretching it but Adwoa is considered a supermodel by this point so it kinda ties together.
Created by Willthacheerleader18 (talk) and Trillfendi (talk). Nominated by Trillfendi (talk) at 03:44, 7 January 2020 (UTC).
- Article is new enough, long enough, and adequately sourced. No close paraphrasing was found, and a QPQ has been provided. The first hook is the best one, and I'm accepting it AGF as the source is behind a soft paywall. However, the sentence that verifies the nobility part (i.e. "The Lowther family are members of the British nobility, headed by the Earl of Lonsdale.") lacks a footnote. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 01:33, 9 January 2020 (UTC)
- @Narutolovehinata5: If it was a snake it would’ve bit me, as the old folks say. I swore it was there 🥴 I will add it. ⌚️ (talk) 13:30, 9 January 2020 (UTC)
- I found something from the New York Times that goes into the Lowther family history and their royal connections and what not, will it suffice? This is the link. ⌚️ (talk) 20:34, 9 January 2020 (UTC)
- It's under a soft paywall so I can't see it right now. I'm assuming good faith for the source, but just to be sure, providing the relevant quote here would be appreciated. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 10:54, 10 January 2020 (UTC)
- I was able to view it from AMP before the cookies 🍪 caught up and locked me out too. But one of the sentences says the family is one of Britain’s oldest noble families. The article seems to be about infighting of some sort that forced them to sell a family castle. ⌚️ (talk) 21:20, 10 January 2020 (UTC)
- I think that should be good enough for DYK purposes. Good to go. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 04:45, 11 January 2020 (UTC)