Template talk:Sexual fetishism
|WikiProject Sexuality||(Rated Template-class)|
I was scared for a second there. I had adopted the page Sexuality to fix all disambiguation. I had checked it a few minutes ago and I see about 100 articles that linked there. I freaked out for a second, because I had just gone through and fixed all of the disambiguation the other day. Hopefully fixing the template got rid of all of the articles. Mynameisnotpj (talk) 19:55, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
- However, I am having a problem... There are 6 articles that keep showing up on the "Pages that link to Sexuality" page. I can not seem to find these links. If anyone could help, that would be greatly appreciated. They are:
- See the references at the bottom of the Asian fetishism article; they may provide answers to your doubts. In the meantime please refrain from removing the link from the template. Redblueball (talk) 16:53, 29 August 2008 (UTC)
- There is a Talk:Asian fetish#Request for Comment and a Talk:Asian fetish#Proposal which may benefit from attention from interested and informed editors. The latter concerns the sexual fetish template and category. Please comment there if you wish to participate. Шизомби (talk) 04:28, 18 December 2009 (UTC)
Fetish vs. paraphilia
Hmmm... probably should've gone here first before reverting. Oh well. Just to note right off the back, just because something is referred to as xxxphilia does not make it automatically a paraphilia.
Fetishes added + reasoning
- Erotic spanking, those who have this as a fetish and not just a paraphilia are known as spankophiles and need some sort of spanking in order to enjoy sex. It's not just an added thing that turns them on it is necessary for their sexual pleasure and is a fetish for them.
- Transvestic fetishism, Aquaphilia (fetish), Transformation fetish, Armpit fetishism, Silk and satin fetishism: as their names imply these are fetishes not paraphilias.
- Panty fetishism,Pantyhose fetishism, Stocking fetishism: I expanded from just underwear fetishism because most of these people don't have fetishes regarding the others e.g. a stocking fetishist probably won't be into panties, etc.
- Food play, Zoophilia, Pedophilia, Necrophilia, Trichophilia, Vorarephilia, Body inflation,Macrophilia, Narratophilia, Melolagnia, Sthenolagnia, Salirophilia, Paraphilia, Exhibitionism, Wetlook, Flatulophilia: I'd be willing to argue these out on an individual basis as many of them can become extreme enough that they become fetishes for people, and many of them I have heard described as fetishes. Unfortunately my knowledge of these is not as deep as my knowledge of other fetishes so I would have to look into and discuss these.
- Autassassinophilia: I consider any paraphilia strong enough were you'd be willing to put your life at risk in order to experience it strong enough to be considered a fetish.
- Exhibitionism: many exhibitionists need to do this and are compulsive about it to the point that it interferes with their lives and becomes a fetish.
- Bimbo transformation: if this is anything like Forced feminization then it qualifies as a fetish seeing as how their are many people who fantasize solely about this and even to the point of adopting lifestyles around this.
- Tamakeri, Omorashi: Japanese fetishes popular enough that they have spawned their own gameshows and genres.
Template a mess
This template is a mess. Sexual fetishism is defined as the "sexual arousal a person receives from a physical object"; this template contains many sexual activities that don't relate to objects, such as body parts (this is partialism). Should be completely redone IMO. Handcuffed (talk) 07:11, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
In the strict sense, you are completely correct. For the purpose of how fetishism is described on most of these pages, as well as the common English usage, the way it currently is is fine. These desires are named "fetishes" by the overwhelming majority of English speakers. Saying "Foot-fetish" is a common phrase, everyone knows what you mean. Only people educated on the origins of the word "Fetish" will acknowledge its original (Object-related) origin, as well as it's more medical definition. --Anonymous 6/13/2012 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 20:59, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
Edit request on 13 June 2012
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
In the template box at the bottom of fetish related articles I have noticed there is the addition of "Second Skin" in 2 catagories(Clothing,Objects). The page for Spandex Fetishism exactly describes second skin fetishism. They are not different concepts as a result. The image for that page even is of a Zentai suit.
Recommendation: Consider MERGING "Spandex fetishism" and the non-existant "Second Skin" pages since they both are the same thing. There doesn't need to be both.
- I've removed "Second skin" from the template because the article was deleted in February. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 21:32, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 6 November 2016
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
Add FetLife please to related topics