Terrorist incidents in Pakistan in 2016
29 January - A suicide bomber,attempted to enter Cantonement area in Zhob District when the Friday prayers were underway and blew himself at a check-post after security personnel signalled him to stop. Seven people were injured.Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan claimed responsibility.
7 March - At least 10 people including three police constables were killed and 14 others were injured in a suicide blast in the premises of a local court in Charsadda district in Pakistan's troubled northwest, DPO Charsadda Khalid Sohail told Dunya News.
19 April - At least one person was killed and 17 others wounded on April 19 after a suicide bomber attacked an Excise and Taxation office in Mardan, police and officials said.
8 August - A bomb blast outside a hospital where lawyers had gathered to mourn the death of a prominent lawyer killed at least 70 people in Quetta
2 September - At least 14 killed, 52 wounded in suicide blast at Mardan district courts in Peshawar.
13 September - A suicide bomber injured between 10 and 13 people, four of where policemen. The attack occurred in Shikarpur a city in Sindh. Other Suicide bomber, who was arrested in Shikarpur had got training in Afghanistan.
16 September - At least 23 people were killed and dozens more injured when a suicide bomber detonated his vest in the veranda of a mosque during Friday prayers in the Mohmand Tribal District, bordering Afghanistan.
24 October - At least 3 militants stormed a police training center in Quetta and took between 200 and 500 cadets hostage. Two of the attackers blew themselves up while the third attacker was killed. At least 60 people were killed and more than 190 people were injured. The attack was claimed by Islamic State.
28 October - Lt Col Sufiyan FC Awaran received sniper bullets injuries to both legs during an ambush near Doleji post Awaran Balochistan.
- 12 November - At least 52 people were killed and over 100 others were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up inside the shrine of Shah Noorani in Khuzdar, Balochistan after evening prayers.
- 22 November - 3 Frontier Corps (FC) personnel were killed and 5 others were injured after a grenade attack on a funeral in Peshawar.
- 22 November - A man was killed and 3 others were injured in a bomb attack in Chaman near Quetta.
- 26 November - 2 Frontier Corps (FC) personnel were killed and 14 others injured when 4 suicide bombers attacked a camp in Mohmand. All 4 attackers were killed. The attack was claimed by Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, a Taliban splinter group.
- 26 November - Two security guards were killed when militants attacked the vehicle of an oil exploration company in Gwadar.
- Shah, Syed Ali (13 January 2016). "Blast near Quetta polio centre kills 14; TTP claims responsibility".
- "At least 15 killed in suicide blast near polio centre in Quetta - The Express Tribune". 13 January 2016.
- "Gunmen attack Pakistan university, kill at least eight people". Reuters. 2016-01-20. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Edhi volunteer claims 15 killed in terror attack on Bacha Khan University Charsadda". www.dawn.com. 2016-01-20. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "LIVE: Seven killed, 12 injured as gunmen attack Bacha Khan University in Charsadda – The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Six security personnel, child injured in Zhob suicide blast - The Express Tribune". 29 January 2016.
- Syed Ali Shah (6 February 2016). "Nine killed, 34 injured as suicide attack targets security forces' vehicle in Quetta". Dawn.com. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "10 killed in Quetta blast targeting FC". The Express Tribune. 6 February 2016.
- "Suicide bomber kills at least 10 at Pakistan court". Reuters. 7 March 2015. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "15 people die in Peshawar bus bombing". DAWN. 16 March 2016. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "At least 69 dead after suicide attack in Lahore park". DAWN. 26 March 2016. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "They killed him - The Express Tribune". 22 June 2016.
- Mohammad Hussain Khan; Azhar Gul Sarki (13 September 2016). "At least 13 injured as police foil suicide blasts targeting Eid prayers in Shikarpur". dawn.com. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Eid day attack injures 10 in Shikarpur Imambargah - The Express Tribune". 13 September 2016.
- Ali Akbar (16 September 2016). "At least 24 killed in suicide blast at Mohmand Agency mosque during Friday prayers". dawn.com. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Hundreds of cadets held hostage as gunmen storm police training center in Pakistan - media". rt.com. Russia Today. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- "Quetta attack: Death toll rises to 59 as security forces eliminate threat". www.thenews.com.pk.
- "Pakistan militants attack Quetta police college". bbc.com. BBC. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- "At Least 59 Die as Militants Storm Police College Near Quetta, Pakistan". nytimes.com. New York Times. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- "Police officer killed as polio team targeted in Peshawar IED blast". Dawn.com. 25 October 2016.
- "Polio vaccinator gunned down in Khyber Agency". The Express Tribune. 26 October 2016.
- Imtiaz Ali (29 October 2016). "Four killed in firing at religious gathering in Karachi's Nazimabad". Dawn.com. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Syed Ali Shah; Imtiaz Ali; Ismail Sasoli (12 November 2016). "At least 52 killed, 102 injured in blast at Khuzdar shrine". Dawn.com | Reuters. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- "Three FC men killed in TTP-JA blast at funeral in Peshawar - The Express Tribune". 22 November 2016.
- Manzoor Ali (23 November 2016). "Three security men killed in Peshawar blast". dawn.com. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- The Newspaper's Correspondent (22 November 2016). "Man killed, three hurt in Chaman blast". dawn.com.
- Ali Akbar; Abdullah Malik (26 November 2016). "4 suicide bombers, 2 soldiers killed in attack on FC camp in Mohmand". dawn.com. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Syed Ali Shah (26 November 2016). "Two killed in gun attack on oil exploration company's vehicle in Gwadar". dawn.com. Retrieved 2 June 2017.