Thais in India
|Regions with significant populations|
|Related ethnic groups|
There are currently about 60 Thais living and working in Goa, mostly in Panjim and Margao. Most of them work as spa therapists, beauty salon specialists and chefs in five star hotels such as the Taj Holiday village and Holiday Inn. There are also about 50 to 60 Thais residing in Mumbai.
More than 7,000 Thai students study in various Indian Universities and colleges. Thai students prefer Indian educational institutions as they provide quality education at low cost. Most of these students came to India to study subjects such as humanities and engineering.
As for primary education, around 2,000 Thai students get admitted to Indian boarding and international schools each year. The students from Thailand target mainly schools and colleges in North and South India.
- Wisoot Bunpeng -Thai Footballer
- "Mr Tomwit Jarnson - Consul-General of Thailand in Mumbai led a delegation of Thai consulate officers to visit the Thai community in Goa", Thai News Agency, 28 August 2011.
- "Thai drama on Buddhist pilgrim route", Bihar Times, 22 December.
- "MFA: No Thais harmed in Mumbai blasts", Pattaya Mail, 16 July 2011.
- "India attracting Thai, Nepalese students", The Financial Express, 8 June 2008.