Statue of Adolf Dassler
The Statue of Adolf Dassler is a life-size sculpture, which was erected in May 2006 at the Adi Dassler stadium in Herzogenaurach. The sculpture portrays the founder of the sporting goods company Adidas, and was created by sculptor Josef Tabachnyk. The statue sits like a spectator on a stand within the stadium, which is located next to the main entrance of the Adidas headquarters in Herzogenaurach. After the sculpture opening in 2006, the sculpture of its founder has often been used as a symbol for the company and its roots in producing sports shoes in the 1920s.
The life-size, bronze statue was reproduced in various sizes and now also sits at the new flagship Adidas store in New York City, which is the biggest Adidas store worldwide. The opening of the sculpture in New York was on 1 December 2016. Since January 2019 another original of the statue is placed at the entrance to the Adidas-Store at 22 Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris.
- "A day at adidas headquarters". Kickz.com. 8 September 2016. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "An Exclusive Look At Adidas Founder Adolf Dassler's Work Table". Nicekicks.com. 3 November 2016. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Lokales: Adidas feiert: Eine Kultmarke wird 60 - Abendzeitung München". Abendzeitung-muenchen.de. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Chronicle and Biography of Adi Dassler & Käthe Dassler". Adidassler.org. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 1 September 2014. Retrieved 5 June 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Is there a sculpture of Adi Dassler in Herzogenaurach?". Theherzogenaurachstory.co.uk. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Digital Signage & Retail: Weltgrößter Adidas Store in New York eröffnet". Invidis.de. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Inside Adidas' new tech-infused store in New York City". Engadget.com. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Page not found – Singapore News". Singaporenews.sg. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- Caramanica, Jon (10 November 2017). "Where the Clothes Do Most of the Work". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "Adidas scupture on 22 Avenue des Champs-Élysées". Foursquare.com. 28 March 2019. Retrieved 28 March 2019.