The ThinkPad 8 is a business-oriented tablet computer with an eight-inch touchscreen, released by Lenovo in January 2014. It is one of the Lenovo's first Windows-based small-screen tablet devices, along with the Lenovo Miix 2, and also one of the first with a high-resolution full HD display. Along with the first-generation ThinkPad 10, it is part of the third generation of ThinkPad-branded tablets, succeeding the ThinkPad Tablet 2.
The ThinkPad 8 has an 8.3-inch multi-touch IPS display with a 1920×1200 resolution and 16:10 aspect ratio. It is powered by Intel's "Bay Trail" quad-core mobile Atom Z3770 CPU, has two gigabytes of RAM, and comes with up to 128 gigabytes of internal flash storage. Micro-HDMI and USB ports allow use with an external display, and a keyboard or mouse. A microSD card slot allows storage upgrades. Models with Wi-Fi only and units with additional 4G cellular data connectivity are both available. Stereo sound is delivered through a pair of speakers placed on the device's back side.
The ThinkPad 8 weighs 439 g (0.968 lb), and it is 8.8 mm (0.35 in) thick. Its back is made from machine-cut aluminum and the front is all black. The rear eight-megapixel camera is surrounded by a red accent, while the two-megapixel front-facing camera blends into the face. An optional so-called "quickshot cover" magnetically attaches to the device and wakes it upon opening, and also has a small flap covering the rear camera that automatically starts the camera application when lifted.
- Xiomara Blanco (January 5, 2014). "Lenovo ThinkPad 8 - Tablets". CNET. Retrieved February 7, 2014.
- Tom Warren (January 5, 2014). "Lenovo's new ThinkPad 8 is the best Windows alternative to the iPad mini Retina". The Verge. Retrieved February 7, 2014.
- Jared Newman (April 7, 2014). "Review: Lenovo ThinkPad 8 Is a Classy Windows Tablet, with Quirks". Time. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- "Tablets: Buy Android Tablets & Windows 8 Tablet PCs". shop.lenovo.com. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- Lenovo ThinkPad 8 review: Sharp screen, worst-in-class battery life, Engadget, May 1, 2014, by Dana Wollman
- Review: Two 8-inch Lenovo tablets, only one clear purpose, Ars Technica, March 30, 2014, by Peter Bright
- Why I Won't Switch To Lenovo's ThinkPad 8, Business Insider, April 1, 2014, by Kyle Rusell