Tirukkoyilur (state assembly constituency)
Tirukkoyilur is a state assembly constituency of Villupuram district in Tamil Nadu, India. It comprises a portion of Tirukkoyilur taluk and is a part of the Villupuram constituency for national elections to the Parliament of India.
Thiru. A. Muthuswamy was the first M.L.A of thirukovilur town, at the period of 1952-1957. It was in existence from 1952 to 1971 state elections. After delimitation of constituencies in 2007, Mughaiyur constituency was reorganised into Tiruvottiyur constituency. It has 1,94,414 registered voters for 2011 election.
|1952||A. Muthuswamy||Tamil Nadu Toilers' Party|
|1957||S. A. M. Annamalai Odayar and
|Independent and |
Indian National Congress
|1962||Lakshminarasimma Ammal||Indian National Congress|
|1967||E. M. Subramaniam||Indian National Congress|
|1971||A. S. Kumarasamy||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
Tirukkoyilur was again formed after constituency delimitations 2008.
|2011||L. Venkatesan||Desiya Murpokku Dravidar Kazhagam|
|2016||K. Ponmudy||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
- "Tamil Nadu - Final Notification & Order" (PDF). Delimitation Commission of India. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "தொகுதி - ஓர் அறிமுகம்!: திருக்கோவிலூர் (பொது)". The Hindu. 13 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "New Constituencies, Post-Delimitaion 2008" (PDF). Chief Electoral Officer, Tamil Nadu. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-05-15.
- "2016 Tamil Nadu General Election: Constituency Data Summary" (PDF). Election Commission of India. p. 76. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "Statistical reports of assembly elections". Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on October 5, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2010.