Maibaum has an undergraduate degree in Pure Mathematics from the University of Toronto, Canada (1970), and a PhD in Computer Science from Queen Mary and Royal Holloway Colleges, University of London, England (1974).
Maibaum has held academic posts at Imperial College, London, King's College London (UK) and McMaster University (Canada). His research interests have concentrated on the theory of specification, together with and its application in different contexts, in the general area of software engineering.
- "Curriculum Vitae: Thomas Stephen Edward Maibaum BSc PhD CEng MIEEE FIEE FRSA". McMaster University. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- "Tom Maibaum". Canada Research Chairs. Retrieved December 29, 2011. External link in
- KCL home page
- McMaster home page
- Tom Maibaum's publications indexed by the DBLP Bibliography Server at the University of Trier
- Tom Maibaum's publications indexed by Google Scholar, a service provided by Google
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic Search
- Tom Maibaum at the Mathematics Genealogy Project