Transformasi Nasional 2050
Transformasi Nasional 2050 (abbrev: TN50), literally translated as National Transformation 2050 in English; is an initiative of the nation development which supposely to covers the period of year 2020 to 2050, launched by the 6th Prime Minister of Malaysia, Najib Razak of the previous ruling Barisan Nasional (BN) government just before its downfall in the 2018 general election (GE14). The initiative planned to be driven by clear information and target for 30 years, is to be developed through the consultative process of preparation phase from 2017 to 2019.
Information and target set in the policy documents of TN50 was published in the early year 2020.
TN50 is an initiative of the nation development for long term. As part of TN50 preparation and development level, Najib Razak had gave the mandate to the Ministry of Youth and Sports to start the process by leading the ‘TN50 Discussion’, involvement series and activities discourse aimed at triggering the aspirations of the people and defining areas for transformation including economics, society, culture and environment and so forth.
The 2017-2019 preparation phase witnesses the other activities lain which related to the development of TN50 policy documents such as engagement with policy stakeholders, domain experts and leaders in specific areas.
TN50 Prime Dialogue
Najib Razak had launched the Transformasi Nasional 2050 program with a TN50 Prime Dialogue (Dialog Perdana TN50) held in Dewan Tunku Canselor, Universiti Malaya on 19 January 2017. The event was attended by 500 youths voicing their aspirations for Malaysia for 2050.
In his speech, he said, the approach was chosen because he wanted the TN50, which was a continuation of the previous 30 years, was the people's vision for the future of the nation.
The TN50 which was alleged initiated by Najib Razak to undermined Mahathir Mohamad's Wawasan 2020 legacy had somehow fallen through due to the GE14 results. Mahathir had claimed TN50 was due to Najib's BN government failure then to achieve the Wawasan 2020.
In 2018, Youth and Sports Minister Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman announced the TN50 was officially dismantled with some aspirations maintained by the Pakatan Harapan (PH)'s Malaysia Baharu government after GE14.
- "PM Najib announces TN50, a new 30-year vision for Malaysia". New Straits Times. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- "Transformasi Nasional 2050". mytn50.com. TN50.
- "TN50 a good long-term plan". The Star Online. 30 Jan 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- KAMLES KUMAR (8 June 2017). "Khairy: My own TN50 aspiration is a future-proof Malaysia". The Malay Mail. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "Transformasi Nasional 2050". Kementerian Belia dan Sukan (KBS) (in Malay). IKTBN DUSUN TUA, BAHAGIAN PEMBANGUNAN KEMAHIRAN BELIA, INSTITUSI LATIHAN KEMAHIRAN BELIA & SUKAN. 5 December 2017. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- "TN50: What youths want for Malaysia". The Malay Mail. 28 February 2018. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- "TN50 Is Malaysia's Dream". New Straits Times. Malaysian Digest. 28 February 2018. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- "Bermula perjalanan TN50". Utusan Malaysia (in Malay). 20 January 2017. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "'Ada orang cakap TN50 tolak Wawasan 2020, kita tidak tolak' – Najib" (in Malay). The Malaysian Times. 8 March 2017. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- Azril Annuar (3 January 2018). "Dr M claims TN50 due to failure to achieve his Vision 2020". Malay Mail. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- Hambali Abdul Latiff (22 October 2016). "TN50 cubaan pinggirkan legasi Wawasan 2020?" (in Malay). Malaysiakini. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- Anne Edwards (5 January 2018). "Khairy criticises "sad and petty" Mahathir". Anne Edwards TV. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- P PREM KUMAR & ALIFAH ZAINUDDIN (December 24, 2018). "TN50 officially dismantled but some aspirations remain alive". The Malaysian Reserve. Retrieved December 24, 2018.