This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jwalita Praja Karana
|• Regent||M. Nur Arifin|
|• Total||1,261.40 km2 (487.03 sq mi)|
|Elevation||110 m (360 ft)|
|Highest elevation||2,563 m (8,409 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||530/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||GMT +7|
This regency has an area of 1,261.40 km2 an has a population of 674,521 residents as of 2010. It is located on the southern shore of East Java and is surrounded by three regencies: Ponorogo to the northwest; Pacitan to the southwest; and Tulungagung to the east.
Trenggalek is a regency that is located on the southern shore of Java island and has the following geographical boundaries:
- To the northwest: Ponorogo;
- To the southwest: Pacitan;
- To the east: Tulungagung;
- To the south: Indian Ocean, and
- To the north: Mount Wilis.
Agricultural produce in the area includes rice, corns, cassava, soya beans, legumes. Plantations produce sugar cane, cloves, durians, salak, mangosteens, and rambutans. Industrial outputs include: soy sauce, syrup, tapioca, anchovies, batik, snacks, cigarettes, sawmill, building materials, roofs, and tofu.
Tourism and cultural sights
- Gua Lowo is a cave with examples of stalactites and stalagmites. Based on a cave expert, Mr. Gilbert Manthovani and Dr. Robert K. Kho in 1984, it was declared that Guo Lowo is the biggest natural cave in Southeast Asia with approximately 800 meters of length, nine main rooms and some small rooms. Guo Lowo literally means "bat cave", owing to the many bats living here when it was first discovered.
- Pantai Prigi. This beach is known for its rock formations. There is also a fish market and a harbour.
- Pantai Pasir Putih. Literally means "white sand beach" and is located adjacent to the Prigi beach.
- Pantai Pelang. This beach has a waterfall and some tiny islands.
- Larung Sembonyo. This traditional ceremony is held annually.
- Pemandian Tapan. This bathing place is located in Karangan and the natural water source comes directly from the mountain ranges.
- Upacara Dam Bagong. Bull's head is swept away in Kali Bagong (Bagong river) in this annually-held ceremony.
- Candi Brongkah. It is a temple which tells the history of Trenggalek.
- Alun-alun Kota. It is central park in the middle of the city. It also has a playground and snack vendors nearby.
- Tri Turonggo Yakso. It is a typical traditional dance of Trenggalek. The dance belong to the traditional dance called "jaranan" which is also founding another regions. Turonggo Yakso symbolizes the victory of villages in driving away the devil.
Skyline of Trenggalek Kota
- Elected Regent and Vice Regent of Trenggalek for 2010-2015 period Archived 2010-12-13 at the Wayback Machine. Indonesian General Election Commission (KPU) (Indonesian)
- General Situation of Trenggalek. Trenggalek Tourism Board
- The result of 2010 census - Biro Pusat Statistik Indonesia (Indonesian) Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Overview of Trenggalek tourism potentials. Trenggalek Tourism: Cool, calm, and beautiful place.
- Gallery of Trenggalek tourism objects. Trenggalek Tourism: Cool, calm, and beautiful place. Archived February 2, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Guo Lowo. Trenggalek Tourism: Cool, calm, and beautiful place. Archived November 3, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Prigi beach. Trenggalek Tourism: Cool, calm, and beautiful place.