8 January 1981 |
Paddington, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||194 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||102 kg (16 st 1 lb)|
As of 20 July 2013
Trent Waterhouse (born 8 January 1981 in Paddington, New South Wales) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who is currently signed to the Thirroul Butchers in the Illawarra Rugby League. He has previously played for the Penrith Panthers in the National Rugby League, and Warrington Wolves of the Super League in Europe. He has also represented City Origin, New South Wales and Australia. His position of choice is at Second-row.
After playing junior football for Cambridge Park and Emu Plains JRLFC, Waterhouse made his first grade debut against Melbourne Storm at Olympic Park on 17 August 2002 in Round 23, which was also the same game in which Steve Turner debuted. He was a member of the Penrith 2003 NRL grand final-winning team in their 18–6 win over Sydney Roosters.
After that he went on the 2003 Kangaroo tour of Great Britain and France, helping Australia to victory over Great Britain in what would be the last time the two nations contested an Ashes series. Waterhouse would play a total of ten internationals from then till to 2005.
As 2003 NRL premiers, the Panthers travelled to England to face Super League VIII champions, the Bradford Bulls in the 2004 World Club Challenge. Waterhouse played at lock forward in the Panthers' 22–4 loss. In February 2007, Waterhouse signed with the Panthers until the end of 2011.
Waterhouse made his state representative debut in the 2004 State of Origin series, playing in games I and II off the bench for the New South Wales Blues. Selected again in 2009, Waterhouse was sent off after coming into a fight between Steve Price and Brett White during game III of the State of Origin series. He became the first Blues player to be dismissed from an Origin game, and the first since Gorden Tallis to be sent off in an Origin match. His dismissal capped off a horror year for NSW as they lost their fourth (of eight) straight Origin series.
On 29 June 2011 it was announced Waterhouse had signed to join English Super League club Warrington from 2012 on a three-year deal. Waterhouse played in the 2012 Challenge Cup Final win over Leeds Rhinos, scoring a try in the first half, and the 2012 Super League Grand Final loss to the Leeds Rhinos.
- Trent Waterhouse rugbyleagueproject.org
- http://www.loverugbyleague.com/stats/players/Trent-Waterhouse/ loverugbyleague
- "Waterhouse watertight with Panthers" (fee required). Fox Sports News (Australia). 7 February 2008. Retrieved 7 February 2008.
- Balym, Todd (3 May 2009). "Blues halfback duel in two as Mitchell Pearce misses selection". Fox Sports. Retrieved 3 May 2009.
- Walter, Brad (22 May 2004). "Second player sacked from origin side". The Age. Retrieved 15 July 2009.
- Payten, Iain (5 July 2009). "NSW name team for State of Origin III". The Daily Telegraph (Sydney). Retrieved 15 July 2009.
- Jancetic, Steve (15 July 2009). "Blues deny Maroons sweep". Fox Sports News (Australia). Retrieved 15 July 2009.
- 29th June 2011. Archived 10 September 2012 at the Wayback Machine.