Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol provincial elections, 2013
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol provincial elections of 2013 took place on 27 October 2013.
Centre-left primary election
|Ugo Rossi||Trentino Tyrolean Autonomist Party (PATT)||8,119||34.2|
|Alessandro Olivi||Democratic Party (PD)||7,980||33.6|
|Mauro Gilmozzi||Union for Trentino (UpT)||6,610||27.9|
|Lucia Coppola||Greens and Democrats (VD)||462||2.0|
|Alexander Schuster||Italian Socialist Party (PSI)||455||1.9|
Source: Official results
In Trentino, where the President is elected directly by the people, Ugo Rossi (Trentino Tyrolean Autonomist Party, supported also by the Democratic Party, the Trentino Tyrolean Autonomist Party and other minor parties) was elected by a landslide (58.1%). Diego Mosna (Trentino Project) arrived a distant second with 19.3% of the vote, while Maurizio Fugatti (Lega Nord Trentino) came third with 6.6%.
The Democratic Party was confirmed as the largest party in the Province (22.1%), followed by the Trentino Tyrolean Autonomist Party (17.5%), Union for Trentino (13.3%), Trentino Project (9.0%), Lega Nord Trentino (6.2%) and the Five Star Movement (5.8%).
Source: Province of Trento
SVP primary election
|Arno Kompatscher||South Tyrolean People's Party (SVP)||19,308||82.8|
|Elmar Pichler Rolle||South Tyrolean People's Party (SVP)||4,028||17.2|
Source: Official results
In South Tyrol the South Tyrolean People's Party (SVP), lost the absolute majority it maintained for 65 years, but was confirmed by far as the largest party. Die Freiheitlichen (+3.6%), the Greens (+2.9%), South Tyrolean Freedom (+2.3%) and the Democratic Party (+0.7%) made gains, while the Italian centre-right, divided in four lists, lost votes and seats. Only five of the elected councillors were Italian-speakers, a record low.
|South Tyrolean People's Party||131,236||45.7||17|
|Greens (incl. Left Ecology Freedom)||25,067||8.7||3|
|South Tyrolean Freedom||20,736||7.2||3|
|Forza Alto Adige–Lega Nord Alto Adige/Südtirol||7,118||2.5||1|
|Five Star Movement||7,097||2.5||1|
|Citizens' Union–We South Tyroleans–Ladins||6,065||2.1||1|
|Alto Adige in the Heart||6,057||2.1||1|
|Unitalia–Movement for Alto Adige||4,831||1.7||-|
|Communist Refoundation Party||1,134||0.4||-|
|Party of Italian Communists||730||0.3||-|
Source: Province of Bolzano
- "Pd, oltre 23 mila alle primarie in Trentino Vince l'autonomista Ugo Rossi" (in Italian). Corriere della Sera. 13 July 2013. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- "Stravince Arno Kompatscher Pichler Rolle sconfitto 2 volte" (in Italian). Alto Adige. 22 April 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Risultati elettorali Provincia nel suo complesso - Elezioni provinciali 2013 – Provincia autonoma di Bolzano" (in Italian). Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- "Elezioni in Trentino-Alto Adige: centrosinistra avanti a Trento, Svp al 44,7%. Crolla il centrodestra" (in Italian). Il Sole 24 Ore. 28 October 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "Il voto in Alto Adige: la Svp perde la maggioranza assoluta e scende a 17 consiglieri" (in Italian). Alto Adige. 29 October 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2013.