Trio World Academy
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Trio World Academy, Bengaluru|
Trio World School
International School logo
3/5 Kodigehalli Main Road, Sahakar Nagar, Off Bellary Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka
|School type||International Day & Boarding School co-ed|
|Motto||We Encourage Learning|
|Sister school||Tots Preschool, Trio World School ICSE|
|Chairman||K N Manjunath|
|Director||Naveen K M, Chethan K M|
|Age range||3 years - 18 years|
|International students||1300 students from 27 countries|
|Classes||Nursery— Grade 12|
|Average class size||25|
|Student to teacher ratio||15:1|
|Language||Spanish, French and Hindi|
|Campus size||6 acres (24,000 m2)|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Swimming, Skating, Chess, Cricket, Table Tennis, Martial Arts, Wall Climbing etc.|
|Accreditation||CIE (Cambridge International Examinations) IB (international baccalaureate), ICSE|
|USNWR ranking||Top 3 International School in Bangalore|
|Affiliations||IGCSE, IB ICSE|
Trio World Academy was established in 2007 in Sahakara Nagar, Bangalore, India. It is an international day and residential/boarding school offering IB Primary Year Program (IB PYP), Cambridge International Examinations (IGCSE) and IB diploma program (IB DP) and ICSE (In a separate Academic Block). It offers a weekly & yearly Boarding facility for Boys.The school is managed by TRIO Vidyakkendra Private Ltd., which is a subsidiary company of MCN group. This group has recently announced plans to invest 100 crores in education by opening two more international schools in South India under the TRIO Educational Services (TES).
The school employs a differential learning programme encompassing individual lesson plans for students. A moderation report is created for every child in the beginning of the academic year. The students in the class are divided into three groups based on their levels. Teachers teach the main content on the board, after which they move on from group to group and cater to differing abilities. Theater programs are used to introduce, teach, recap and assess lessons.
The school represents students from over 28 countries. The school observes Hindi Diwas, Peace Day, World Environment Day, Halloween, Christmas, Holi, Annual Day, Diwali, Women's Day, International Yoga Day DEAR (Drop everything & Read) and International Francophonie Day each year.
The Academy has invited Professor and Director of National Museum of Natural History Paris, Gilles Boeuf, to talk about the importance of bio-diversity and oceans. They also conduct an annual science, Entrepreneurship & Math Week. A session with Farmers to interact & understand about Water Crisis in the country, Week without Walls, Earth Day Celebration, Sessions with World renowned Musicians & Artists, Annual Day to give a message on Climate Change. The Kabir project, was an initiative by primary and middle school students of Trio World Academy. It explored how his poetry interconnects with ideas of cultural identity, secularism, nationalism, religion, love and impermanence. The Project was an initiative to familiarise them with one of the most influential poets of the 15th century and spark their interest in literature.
The school has a TEDEd club It has ties to Alliance française de Bangalore, FCB Barca Academy & Royal Society of Chemistry, London. It offers over $50,000 worth academic & Sports scholarship every year to the students.
Trio World School ICSE
The ICSE wing of School is known as Trio World School. The school follows a customized ICSE curriculum. It advocates the use of ICT in education to eventually reduce the load of school bags. It uses a Learning Management System for its middle school. The school uses tablets preloaded with digitised textbooks, embedded multimedia lessons and practice tests.
It also a Music Programme from SaPa, Arts & Sports. Cellist Audun André Sandvik has performed with students.
Awards and Recognitions
- The management & students have collected fund to provide over 4000 notebooks, 100 tracksuits, plates glass and mats to the govt. school student at Kodigehalli.
- The school saves over 50 lakh litre of water annually through rain water harvesting & bore-well recharge technique 
- The school has been awarded FIT India certificate by the Ministry of Sports, India.
- TRIO World Academy commemorate the Centenary of the First World War (WW1) by making trenched in the campus.
- Chosen for "Global Collaborative Learning Environments" at World Education Summit in Dubai, 2017
- Received Jury choice Award for "Best International School" in India by Education Today.co Magazine in 2017
- Awarded Best School Brand in India by Economic Times, 2016 in New Delhi.
- Limca Book of Record for Highest collection of E waste by Students to promote recycle of e waste
- Named Best International school in Bangalore by Brands Academy in August 2015. Lisa Ray presented the award to Head of School Mr. Vinod Singh.
- Named Asia's Best & Fastest Growing Private Educational Institutes by World Consulting & Research Corporation (WCRC) and I brands 360 at Singapore.
- Ranked 3rd best International Day Boarding School in Karnataka by C-fore survey in 2014, which has conducted surveys in 21 cities and education hubs across India to rate 725 schools in September 2013.
- Named Most Promising International School by Brand Achievers in New Delhi. This award was presented by Shekhar Suman.
- Ranked 9th in all of India for Academic Reputation by C-Ffore and Education World in 2014
- Ranked 3rd Best International School in Bangalore by Thinkvidya survey and ranked 1st for child Safety & Security.
- Ranked Top 10 Best Schools in India by Indy's Group in Mumbai, 2015.
- Ranked Top 20 International Schools in India by Brainfeed Magazine in New Delhi.
- Named Best Emerging School in India by e-lets Media, in New Delhi.
- Named Best upcoming International School in Bangalore by Brand Academy in 2010.
Achievements in Sports and extracurricular activities
- Arav Nallur of grade 4 (9 years) has appeared for IGCSE exam and scored A+ grade in all subjects with 88% in advanced Math
- Our ex student Anjalai Anish who has won Times Fresh face contest is set to debut in a Film name Padavi Poorva 
- Dheemanth Suddekunte and Gautam Saravanan of Grade 3 won in the National Junior Robotics Sumo Wrestling competition
- 4 students from the school represented India at the International Youth Leadership & Innovation Forum in Singapore
- 16-year-old (at the time) Karun Divij Balachandar (CIE) wrote a book titled "The Teenager’s Guide to The Universe".
- Nikaya of IGCSE got the highest marks in sociology in India, 2015-16 session.
- Virat Karan, Youngest (1.10 years) child artist in India. His paintings can be seen at Sublime Gallery, UB City.
- 3rd grade student Raghav Bhatia won gold at the Karnataka State Level Swimming Championship Freestyle Relay in 2015.
- LiveJam performed at the school in 2014 as part of their Break-free Tour.
- Musical performance at Christmas Bazar, organised by Overseas Women Club, Bengaluru.
- Vanessa Job, a teacher at the school, won the World 10k Bangalore women's category in 2014.
- 11th grade student Vrushank Balu won the last leg of the South Zone Golf Tour in June 2014.
- 4th grade student Arjun Bharat won the World School Chess Trophy in the under 9 category in Singapore and Canadian Open Chess Championship in Toronto in 2008.
- Our grade 11 students hosted sports day for Kodigehalli Government school children on our campus
- On the occasion of Daan Utsav Our students have donated Track Suits,Plates and carpets for junior classes for the students of Kodigehalli Govt Primary School.
- Students from the school volunteered at refugee centre in France
- Saaket Ram Kavuri, Grade 2 student is planting tree saplings around Bangalore
- Preschool students served and fed helping staff on the occasion of Thanks Giving Day.
- TRIO partnered with Parikarma Humanity Foundation to transform Kodigehalli Primary Government run School in Bengaluru.
- Students collected waste of approximately 294 kg to create awareness about recycling in Bangaluru and registered in Limca Book of record.
- Students celebrated Diwali with underprivileged children in Bangalore.
- Students sponsored raincoats with reflectors for Bangalore traffic police.
- Middle school students initiated a grey water harvesting project for water conservation, to help the neighboring Kodigehalli Government School.
- Students, teachers and parents donated approximately Rs 20,000 for victims of the April 2015 Nepal earthquake
- Under the Swatch Bharat program, students developed eco-friendly dustbins that can easily segregate plastic and paper. It was donated to the Sahakar Nagar locality.
- Students collected funds for a Government School in Kodigehalli to buy books, shoes and uniforms for underprivileged children, and adopted the school.
- The students, with the help of Fair Trade India, made India's largest T-shirt and the world's largest sustainable T-shirt made out of fair trade and organic cotton. It was unveiled at the campus. Approximately 380 kg of cotton seed was used to create a total of 5,140 km length of cotton yarn, which weighed about 94 kg.
- Students participated in World Environment Day with the motto "Save species Save Life" on 5 June 2014 at Cubbon Park.
- Students, through a book fair, collected approximately 125,000 for the critical surgery of an abandoned baby girl.
- Students raised funds for victims of the 2011 Tohoku earthquake, 2010 Haiti earthquake, and for Jammu & Kashmir flood victims
- Middle & High schools students made & planted over 5000 seeds balls in Bengaluru Urban forest in 2011
Trio Tots Preschool
It has been awarded for its Innovation in Preschool Curriculum at the World Education Summit 2015 in New Delhi.The award was presented by then Deputy CM of New Delhi . It has presently centers in Sahakar Nagar. It is a feeder school of Trio World School ICSE wing.
- "Realtors build education links". Times Of India. 26 June 2012.
- India Info Line News (8 July 2014). "TRIO World School to invest Rs. 100 crores on education". IIFL news. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "Education Management-K12 | Preschool | Cultural Exchange-TES". Trio Educational Services. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "Act I, Scene I: Enter Teacher". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Get hands-on experience of life in these Bangalore schools | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". dna. 3 March 2010. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "Theatre as therapy in schools". The Hindu. 27 March 2015. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Horse riding makes autistic boy hit his stride - Times of India". Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Layout/Includes/pastissues2/ArtWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=pastissues2&BaseHref=TOIBG%252F2009%252F02%252F22&ViewMode=HTML&PageLabel=46&EntityId=Ar04600&AppName=2". epaper.timesofindia.com. Archived from the original on 23 December 2015. Retrieved 16 June 2015. External link in
- "Students of Trio World Academy celebrate Christmas with Fervor | LookBangalore.com". www.lookbangalore.com. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Students celebrate the beauty of womanhood - Trio World Academy- Pocket News Alert". www.pocketnewsalert.com. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Students from TRIO World Academy celebrate International Yoga day". www.bellevision.com. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "TRIO World School Celebrates International Francophonie Day". Belle Vision. 20 March 2015. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "STUDENTS LEARN THE SCIENCE OF BIODIVERSITY AND OCEANS". 26 February 2015. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- Rajput, AK (13 February 2015). "TRIO World School Students enthrall the audience at the Science Fair". Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Catching them young: Bengaluru students get lessons in sustainable living". 4 May 2016. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Trio World Academy - Week without walls - learning with a difference- Pocket News Alert". www.pocketnewsalert.com. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Celebrating Earth Day at Trio World Academy- Pocket News Alert". www.pocketnewsalert.com. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- Trio World Academy (13 July 2015), Music Program at Trio World Academy Bangalore | Bangalore Schools, retrieved 8 July 2016
- "TRIO World Academy Holds Music Workshop". Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Students explore the world of Ragas- Pocket News Alert". www.pocketnewsalert.com. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Trio World Academy raises awareness about climate change through Annual Day performances". indiaeducationdiary.in. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Bengaluru: Trio World Academy brings alive Sant Kabir's poetry to students". Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "Start a TED-Ed Club in your school!".
- "FC Barcelona chooses Bangalore, India's "Silicon Valley", for the third Barça Academy in the country". FCB Escola. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "The art of crystallisation - a global experiment". Pinterest. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Bangalore school offers 100 per cent fee waiver to deserving students for IB Diploma Program". Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "Trio World Academy IB Diploma Scholarship 2017, Trio World Academy IB Diploma Scholarship by Trio World Academy, Bangalore". career.webindia123.com. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "How Trio's international spin on ICSE curriculum is perfect for kids". BuzzingBubs. 30 January 2017. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- "Heavy school bags a burden. Are textbook-in-tablets apt? - The Economic Times". The Economic Times. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- RODRICKS, ALLAN MOSES. "Classical, with a modern twist". The Hindu. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
- "Distribution of free note books help students access to better education". The Statesman. 17 June 2019. Retrieved 13 July 2020.
- "Bengaluru school teaches students to recharge borewells, RWH pits". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 13 July 2020.
- "Rainwater Harvesting Helps Bengaluru School Save 50 Lakh Litres of Water/Year!". The Better India. 19 August 2019. Retrieved 13 July 2020.
- "TRIO World Academy commemorates the centenary celebration (100 Years) of World War I | City Air News". cityairnews.com. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- "Trio World Academy bags 'Global Collaborative Learning Environments' award". Educationworld.in. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "This award gives us further motivation to work harder and achieve more | International News and Views Corporation". www.internationalnewsandviews.com. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "CATEGORY : JURY CHOICE AWARD TRIO WORLD ACADEMY".
- "Trio World Academy recognized as ET best school brand". Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- Trio World Academy (4 July 2016), The Economic Times Best School Brand Award , New Delhi, retrieved 8 July 2016
- "Limca Book of Records Lauds TRIO World Academy's E-Waste Initiative". indiaeducationdiary.in. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Accolade for educational excellence". 11 August 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015 – via online search.
- "TRIO World Academy felicitated as Best & Fastest Growing Educational Institute in Asia". 18 June 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "International school Ranking 2013 across india". Educationworld.in. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- http://www.thisweekbangalore.com/trio-world-school-felicitated-as-most-promising-international-school/"TRIO World School felicitated as Most Promising International School - This Week Bangalore". www.thisweekbangalore.com. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- "TRIO World School receives an award from Education World". 8 October 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "TRIO World School receives an award from Education World". 8 October 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- TRULY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS OF BANGALORE- http://bangalore.citizenmatters.in/articles/3377-stonehill-tops-international-school-survey
- "TRIO World School receives an award for the top 10 International Schools in India". 23 February 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "TRIO World School receives an award for the top 20 International Schools in India". thisweekbangalore. 4 February 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "TRIO World School felicitated as Best Emerging School in Bangalore". india education diary. 25 February 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- Trio World School Receives Best Up-Coming International School Award in Bangalore - http://www.prlog.org/11535283-trio-world-school-receives-best-up-coming-international-school-award.html
- Aug 14, TNN |; 2019; Ist, 08:23. "Bengaluru: 9-year-old prodigy scores 88% in class 10 IGCSE maths exams | Bengaluru News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 July 2020.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Nine-year-old clears Class 10 mathematics exam with flying colours". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 13 July 2020.
- "Fresh face Anjali Anish to enter tinsel town with 'Padavi Poorva'". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- "City students to 'fight' robots in int'l contest in USA". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "City students stand tall at global stage - Bangalore Mirror -". Bangalore Mirror. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Cosmology is not rocket science for this teenager". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- "Trio World Academy Student Tops IGCSE Sociology Exam". www.indiaeducationdiary.in. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- Govind, Ranjani (16 April 2016). "34 paintings from the brush of a prodigy". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Trio World School ICSE Bangalore (30 October 2018), Child Prodigy artist Virat Karan - Trio World School Bangalore, retrieved 2 July 2019
- "TRIO World Academy Student Wins Gold at Karnataka State Level Swimming Championship Freestyle Relay". 19 August 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015 – via google search.
- "Udupi Today: Live Jam performs at Trio School Bangalore". www.udupitoday.com. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- "TRIO teacher Wins TCS World 10k Marathon". Indiaeducationdiary.in. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "Vrushank from TRIO World School has won the last leg of South Zone Golf Tour 2014". Newssuperfast.com. 6 May 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "Arjun triumphs". The Hindu. 2 August 2008. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Arjun makes State proud". Deccan Herald. 2 August 2008. Archived from the original on 25 February 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "news from schools". Times Of India Bangalore. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- India, The Hans (2 March 2020). "TRIO students host Sports Day for government school". www.thehansindia.com. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- "Daan Utsav: Trio World School teachers volunteer to teach at government school - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- "City celebrates the 'Joy of Giving' week". Deccan Herald. 10 October 2018. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- "Trio World Academy students volunteer at refugee centre in France - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Bengaluru students volunteer at refugee camp in France". Deccan Herald. 13 April 2018. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "Bengaluru: Seven-year-old dreams of a gardening career". Bangalore Mirror. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- NewsKarnataka. "Trio Tots kids keep up the spark of 'Thanksgiving'". NewsKarnataka. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Trio World School celebrates the 'joy of giving'". deccanchronicle.com/. 9 October 2017. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Bengaluru: Trio World Academy partners with Parikrma to transform Kodigehalli School". www.bellevision.com. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "TWA & Parikrma embark on a mission to transform Kodigehalli Govt School". Educationworld.in. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "Bengaluru: Students collect 294 kg e-waste for recycling". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "E-waste Drive Encourages Students to Act Responsibly". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "For them, Diwali is in the joy of giving - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "TRIO Students sponsor raincoats to Bengaluru Traffic Police". News Karnataka. 9 July 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "TRIO World Academy students donated raincoats to Bangalore Traffic Police". Public TV. 9 July 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015 – via youtube.
- "Students Extend Help to Conserve Water". the new indian express news paper. 4 August 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015 – via media search.
- "Students reach out to Nepal Earthquake Victims". TechWhack. 13 May 2015. Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- "Bin there, dump that". Deccan Herald. 21 January 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "TRIO students raise fund to help Government School". 25 June 2014. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "India's Largest T-shirt: A Platform to Connect Urban Indians with Cotton Farmers". 21 November 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "Fairtrade India, unveiled s India's largest T-shirt". 21 November 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Special Correspondent (5 June 2014). "'Save species to save Earth'". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- PR Newswire (12 October 2012). "Trio World School Bangalore Raised Rs.1,25,000 for a Baby Girl Ankita Through Book Fair". Retrieved 15 May 2015.
- Vidya Iyengar (17 March 2011). "Little hands trying to raise a devastated Japan from the dead | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "On Valentine's Day, Trio World School's heart went out to Haiti | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". Dnaindia.com. 1 March 2010. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "TRIO World School Students' reach out to J&K Flood victims". 20 October 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "More schools in Bangalore are going the green way". DNA India. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- "Trio Tots Wins Innovative Preschool Award- Pocket News Alert". www.pocketnewsalert.com. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Trio Tots wins innovation in preschool award". chennai patrika. 27 August 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015 – via online search.