Lycée français de Pondichéry
|Lycée français de Pondicherry|
Lycée main courtyard.
|12 Rue Victor Simonel, Pondicherry, Puducherry,
|Grades||Class 1 – 12|
|Number of students||1,400|
|Campus size||5 acres (20,000 m2)|
|Affiliation||University of Rennes|
|Website||Lycée Français de Pondichéry|
It is the oldest French international school on the Asian continent. It is one of the most important French high schools (lycée français) outside France and the second largest in Asia after that in Hong Kong. The school serves the period from pre-primary through lycée (senior high school).
The Lycée français de Pondichéry was established as the Collège Royal on 26 October 1826 by Eugène Panon, Comte Desbassayns de Richemont, then Governor-General of Pondichéry in French India, during the Bourbon Restoration.
- "Registration Form." Lycée français de Pondichéry. Retrieved on 22 January 2015. "12, rue Victor Simonel 605001-Pondichéry"
- "Introduction." Lycée Français of Pondicherry. Retrieved on 22 January 2015.
- "The “LYCEE” ( 10th 11th and 12th standard)." Lycée Français of Pondicherry. Retrieved on 22 January 2015.
- Department of Industries and Commerce staff. "French connections, Lycee français". industrypondicherry.com.
This institute is affiliated to the University of Rennes in France.
- Institut français de Pondichéry (IFP) Staff. "Training sessions for the teachers of the French Lycée of Pondicherry". ifpindia.org.
- "School pact opens window to French education" (Archive). The Times of India. November 8, 2014. Retrieved on January 22, 2015.
- Lycée Français of Pondicherry
- Lycée Français of Pondicherry (in French)
- Pondichéry Online - Information on the French Lycée and life in Puducherry (in French)