UC Davis College of Engineering
|Dean||Jennifer Sinclair Curtis|
|Location||Davis, California, U.S.|
The UC Davis College of Engineering is one of four undergraduate colleges on the campus of the University of California, Davis. One of the largest engineering programs in the U.S., the UC Davis College of Engineering offers 11 ABET-accredited undergraduate engineering majors. The college offers majors from a broad scope of engineering disciplines, including aerospace science, biochemical, biological systems, biomedical, chemical, civil, computer science, electrical, materials science, and mechanical engineering.
The college attracted more than $87.4 million in research grants in fiscal year 2013-14.
The college is organized into seven departments, which offer various programs of study:
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Notable alumni of the College of Engineering include:
- David Abe, head of the Electromagnetics Technology Branch at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory.
- Adam Steltzner, NASA JPL Lead Engineer
- Clare Bell, British author in the United States best known for her Ratha series
- Diane Bryant, executive vice president of Intel
- Kyle Bryant, athlete, speaker
- Anthony Cannella, California State Senator
- Chow Chung-kong, chairman of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing
- Alfred Chuang, former CEO and president of BEA Systems, founder and current CEO of Magnet Systems
- Ahmed Darwish (Politician), Egyptian politician
- David Kappos, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) from 2009 to 2013
- Giovonnae Dennis, one of the first African-American women to earn a PhD
- Steve Robinson, NASA astronaut.
- William L. Ballhaus, CEO of Blackboard, Inc.
- Carl Sassenrath, computer scientist
- Constance J. Chang-Hasnain, professor at UC Berkeley.
- Scott Miller, leader of 1980's band Game Theory
- Richard Miller (Olin College President), president of Olin College.
- Stratton Sclavos, chairman of the board, president and chief executive officer of VeriSign
- Howard A. Stone, professor at Princeton University.
- Bernard Soriano, Chief Information Officer (CIO) for the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Koosha Toofan, bodybuilder
- Daniel Ha, founder of Disqus.
- Julie A. MacDonald, deputy assistant secretary for Fish and Wildlife and Parks at the United States Department of the Interior
- Mark Matsumoto, dean of engineering at UC Merced.
- Éric Maurincomme, director of INSA Lyon.
- Kaveh Madani, Iranian civil and environmental engineer
- Jani Macari Pallis, CEO of Cislunar Aerodynamics, professor at University of Bridgeport.
- Jeffrey Steefel, video game developer.
- Indira Samarasekera, President of the University of Alberta
- Erkin Sidick, NASA JPL engineer.
- Sig Mejdal, sabermetrics analyst, former NASA engineer.
- David Phillips (entrepreneur)
- Seth Weil, Olympic rower.
- Alvin S. White, test pilot, mechanical engineer
- "About:College of Engineering:UC Davis". Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- "Undergraduate Majors and Minors - College of Engineering UC Davis". Engineering.ucdavis.edu. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "Facts About the College - College of Engineering UC Davis". Engineering.ucdavis.edu. 2015-09-17. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "Biological and Agricultural Engineering - Biological and Agricultural Engineering". Bae.engineering.ucdavis.edu. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "Biomedical Engineering - Biomedical Engineering". Bme.ucdavis.edu. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "CHMS Home - Chemical Engineering and Material Science". Chms.engineering.ucdavis.edu. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "Civil and Environmental Engineering - Civil and Environmental Engineering". Cee.engr.ucdavis.edu. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "Computer Science - Computer Science". Cs.ucdavis.edu. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "ECE - Electrical and Computer Engineering". Ece.ucdavis.edu. Retrieved 2015-10-12.
- "Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering - Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering". Mae.ucdavis.edu. Retrieved 2015-10-12.