Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve
|Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve|
|Location||Solano and Napa County, California|
|Area||638 acres (0.997 sq mi)|
|Governing body||University of California, Davis|
Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve is a unit of the University of California Natural Reserve System and is administered by the University of California, Davis. It is within the Blue Ridge Berryessa Natural Area, in the Northern Inner California Coast Ranges.
It is located in Solano County and Napa County 10 km (6 mi.) west of Winters, California and 0.8 km (0.5 mi.) east of Monticello Dam on the south side of Putah Creek. The reserve is 258 hectares (638 acres) in size with elevations ranging from 300–2,500 feet (91–762 m).
Underlying the reserve are sedimentary rocks such as sandstones and shales. Most of the reserve is California interior chaparral and woodlands habitat, with some valley and foothill grasslands, blue oak woodland, mixed riparian woodland, and intermittent ephemeral foothill stream.
- Natural history of the California Coast Ranges
- List of California native plants
- Plant communities of California
- Flora of California
- "Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve — UC Natural Reserve System". Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- "Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve - Natural History - UC Davis Natural Reserve System". Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve - BioHere". Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "UC Davis Natural Reserve System Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve". Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve serves as outdoor classroom | The Aggie 07may2012". Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Stebbins Cold Canyon Reserve - daviswiki". Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "Blue Ridge Loop Trail - Sierra Club Trails". Retrieved 2 March 2013.