This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Peter Duncan|
|Written by||Peter Duncan|
Kees van der Hulst
Unfinished Sky is a 2007 drama film written and directed by Peter Duncan and starring William McInnes, Monic Hendrickx, David Field, and Bille Brown. It is based on the 1998 Dutch film De Poolse bruid. Unfinished Sky was filmed on location in Boonah and Beaudesert.
The film is a story about an Outback farmer (William McInnes) who takes in an Afghan woman (Monic Hendrickx) after she escapes from a brothel. The film takes on many themes of human trafficking and the sex trade.
- William McInnes as John Woldring
- Monic Hendrickx as Tahmeena
- Milo as Elvis
- Bille Brown as Bob Potter
- Christopher Sommers as Mike Potter
- David Field as Sgt Carl Allen
- Sam Cotton as Angus
- Kristina Andersen as Supermarket Shopper
- Renai Caruso as Kate
- Zulaikha Deen as Shahla (6yo)
- Scott McRae as Policeman #1
- Roy Billing as Royce
- Mercia Deane-Johns as Barbara
- Philippa Coulthard as Rose (billed as Philippa Couthard)
- Hannah Cocker as Shahla (11yo)
Unfinished Sky was screened at the opening night of the 2008 Dungog Film Festival.
Unfinished Sky grossed $966,160 at the box office in Australia.
- "Rural Qld backdrop for film about farmer's love story". ABC News. 24 October 2006. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- "AFI | AACTA | Winners & Nominees | 2000-2010 | 2008". aacta.org. Retrieved 13 January 2017.
- Film Victoria - Australian Films at the Australian Box Office
|This article related to an Australian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|