Federal University for Latin American Integration
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Universidade Federal da Integração Latino-Americana|
|Motto||"Uma Universidade Sem Fronteiras"|
Motto in English
|A University without Boundaries|
|Established||January 12, 2010|
|Rector||Josué Modesto dos Passos Subrinho|
|Location||Foz do Iguaçu,
The Federal University for Latin American Integration (Portuguese: Universidade Federal da Integração Latino-americana, UNILA) is a public university connected to the network of federal universities in Brazil. Its mission is to contribute to Latin American integration, with emphasis on Mercosur, through technical cooperation among universities, government agencies and international. UNILA is located in the southern city of Foz do Iguaçu, Paraná, at the tri-national border shared by Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay.
UNILA is a bilingual university, where Portuguese and Spanish are used.
The university emphasises natural resources, social studies and language, international relations and areas considered important for development and regional integration.
- Biological Sciences
- Economic Sciences
- Social and Political Sciences
- Materials Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Civil Engineering of Infrastructures
- International Relations and Integration
- Cinema and audiovisual
- List of universities in Brazil
- Universidade da Integração Internacional da Lusofonia Afro-Brasileira
- Official Website of UNILA
- Projeto de lei que cria Universidade Federal da Integração Latino-Americana é assinado. Agência Brasil/Brazilian news agency (2007) (in Portuguese)
- University of Latin American Integration (UNILA) created. Embassy of Brazil in London, UK (2007).