Federal University for Latin American Integration
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Universidade Federal da Integração Latino-Americana
|Motto||Uma Universidade Sem Fronteiras|
Motto in English
|A University without borders|
|Established||January 12, 2010|
|Endowment||R$ 156.240.651,00 (2016)|
|Rector||Gustavo Oliveira Vieira|
The Federal University for Latin American Integration (Portuguese: Universidade Federal da Integração Latino-americana, UNILA) is a public university located in the Brazilian city of Foz do Iguaçu, Paraná, at the tri-national border shared by Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. UNILA emphasises natural resources, social studies and language, international relations and areas considered important for development and regional integration.
Luiz Inácio da Silva, Brazil's former president, proposed the University creation in 2007, however it was created only on January 12, 2010 on the border between Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay.
UNILA was the thirteenth university inaugurated by the Lula Government, and had its first class of 200 students among Brazilians, Paraguayans, Uruguayans and Argentines in August 2010, with an estimated investment of approximately 550 million reais, a portentous construction expected to end in 2014, with the architectural design of the famous Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer.
It is connected to the network of federal universities in Brazil. Its mission is to contribute to Latin American integration, with emphasis on Mercosur, through technical cooperation among universities, government agencies and international.
- Biological Sciences
- Economic Sciences
- Social and Political Sciences
- Materials Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Civil Engineering of Infrastructure
- International Relations and Integration
- Cinema and Audiovisual
- Neotropical Biodiversity
- Civil Engineering
- Applied Physics
- Contemporary Latin American Integration
- Latin American Studies
- Comparative Literature
- International Relations
- List of universities in Brazil
- Brazil University Rankings
- Universities and Higher Education in Brazil
- Universidade da Integração Internacional da Lusofonia Afro-Brasileira
- UNILA. "UNILA em Números" (PDF). Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Official Website of UNILA
- Projeto de lei que cria Universidade Federal da Integração Latino-Americana é assinado. Agência Brasil/Brazilian news agency (2007) (in Portuguese)
- University of Latin American Integration (UNILA) created. Embassy of Brazil in London, UK (2007).
|This Brazilian university, college, or tertiary institution related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|