Faculty of Philology
|Latin: Universitas Opoliensis|
Opole University (Polish: Uniwersytet Opolski) is a public university in the city of Opole. It was founded in 1994 from a merger of two parallel educational institutions. The university has 17,500 students completing 32 academic majors and 53 specializations. The staff numbers 1,380 - among them are 203 professors and habilitated doctors and 327 doctors.
- Faculty of Philology;
- Faculty of History and Pedagogy,
- Faculty of Theology,
- Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Information Technology,
- Faculty of Natural and Technical Sciences,
- Faculty of Economics,
- Faculty of Law and Administration,
- Faculty of Chemistry.
Opole University publishes the peer-reviewed academic journal Economic and Environmental Studies (print: ISSN 1642-2597, online: ISSN 2081-8319), a publication which deals with economics, environment, and sustainable development, with a focus on Eastern Europe. Within the field of economics it belongs to the new institutional economics. The journal is published by the University of Opole and was established in 2001. The editors-in-chief are Joachim Ahrens and Joost Platje.
- "Economic and Environmental Studies". Faculty of Economics - Opole University - Poland. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Opole University.|